The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, big surprise that Ciny beat KC. Looked to me that KC got out to such a quick start & maybe a bit overconfident.🥴
.. they couldn't turn it back on when they needed to.
I believe NBC has the broadcast this year.
Chris Collinsworth should be pretty excited about that. I wonder how unbiased he'll be?

yes I can think of a longer suffering Lions megastar because Im a Lions fan ( ...face turns red ..... ) Jason Hanson. One of the best kickers the NFL has ever seen. Mr. Accurate. He spent his whole career - 21 years !!!! - with the Deroit Lions. Oof !
Sorry to hear that. My one and only trip to Detroit began the day before Aretha died. The highlights of that phase of the trip was the Motown museum and the classic cars driving down the main drag. After that, we hit the road for the Football HOF and the RnR HOF. A magical trip!

Wow, big surprise that Ciny beat KC. Looked to me that KC got out to such a quick start & maybe a bit overconfident.🥴
.. they couldn't turn it back on when they needed to.
I believe NBC has the broadcast this year.
Chris Collinsworth should be pretty excited about that. I wonder how unbiased he'll be?
As unbiased as Boomer Esiason LOL. Is it just me or was anyone else super annoyed with Tony Romo calling the game well before it was over?

As unbiased as Boomer Esiason LOL. Is it just me or was anyone else super annoyed with Tony Romo calling the game well before it was over?
Most of us is super annoyed at Tony Romo. He never played in a Super Bowl. Thats why most of us in KC turn off the TV n listen to Mitch Holthus on the radio.

I forgot about Esiason.. Didn't hear what he had to say but am assuming he'd pick Cinny to win.
Regarding Romo, I still like the guy but IMO his analysis towards the end of regulation when KC had the ball was annoying.... Too many what ifs..
Romo has sort of slipped the past few years compared to when he 1st started broadcasting..

Most of us is super annoyed at Tony Romo. He never played in a Super Bowl. Thats why most of us in KC turn off the TV n listen to Mitch Holthus on the radio.
I knew people that would watch the national broadcast video (w/o audio) & the local radio broadcast for the audio.
That doesn't work well when there's a delay between them!🥴
Romo did get off a good line when commenting about ' witnessing a fumbled snap on fg attempt'..
Ya, that was him against Seattle in a playoff game. A botched hold for a kick that cost them the game 😟...

I forgot about Esiason.. Didn't hear what he had to say but am assuming he'd pick Cinny to win.
Regarding Romo, I still like the guy but IMO his analysis towards the end of regulation when KC had the ball was annoying.... Too many what ifs..
Romo has sort of slipped the past few years compared to when he 1st started broadcasting..

When Romo first started doing commentary, he would call what the play was going to be before the snap. Then he stopped doing it. I wonder if defensive coordinators were were somehow picking up on what he was saying. However, with the 7 second delay inserted into broadcasts, one would think not.

I often find the Super Bowl difficult to watch...Too much pressure on the bladder due to holding it too long because I want to see the game and the commercials. :ROFLMAO:

In all fairness to Boomer, I didn’t hear his comments after the Cincy-KC game. OTOH, most of these guys are pretty upfront about their biases. Listen to Cowher talk about Pittsburgh, for example. And when the Cowboys are behind, Romo goes on for quite a bit, practically pleading with Prescott about what he needs to do to get them back in the game. I think Aikman does the best job of trying to be even handed.

Burrow, BTW, has already tied Boomer’s record for most Cincy QB playoff wins.

well now its officially Official
Tom Brady Retires

Speaking of retiring, the term GOAT is a misnomer & should be retired effective immediately. It implies that never, ever will the goals exceed those achieved by someone else. But go back a few gens to Namath, Montana , & even the Chiefs Len Dawson. If the term GOAT was in use back then it would probably be applied to them. And what has happened since those days?

I'm gonna paraphrase Bart Simpson & say, "The greatest of all time--- so far."

well now its officially Official
Tom Brady Retires

After 22 outstanding years .... can anyone blame him?

R.58bfa45e1e48ea7d934b2c26599cd4b8

Better watch out Ricky...Mother Nature is about to dump 20" of that white fluffy stuff on ye ole homestead.

Tom just wants to spend some QUALITY TIME with his BRADY BUNCH!

or maybe get some Giselle

Ralphie ---barely dodging a bullet on the storm. Veering slightly southeast. Im on the forecast border of 6-10 inches. Go 30 miles southeast = 12 to 20 inches.
Detroit and Toledo ( ...-just-another-pit-stop-along-the-good-kings-highway....oops, I digress ) are going to get hammered.

dont go Toledo Toledo dont go............... digressing again, dammit ADHD !!!!!

oh geez.....it gets worse....

Spellbound - Roundly - Good for sunshine
Can't help thinking

Singing Rule Britannia
And this is where it grabs ya
There's method in the key of C
Toledo's got to be the silver city
In this good country

or maybe get some Giselle

Ralphie ---barely dodging a bullet on the storm. Veering slightly southeast. Im on the forecast border of 6-10 inches. Go 30 miles southeast = 12 to 20 inches.
Detroit and Toledo ( ...-just-another-pit-stop-along-the-good-kings-highway....oops, I digress ) are going to get hammered.

dont go Toledo Toledo dont go............... digressing again, dammit ADHD !!!!!

See the source image

Ricky, Just grin and BEAR it!

Speaking of retiring, the term GOAT is a misnomer & should be retired effective immediately. It implies that never, ever will the goals exceed those achieved by someone else. But go back a few gens to Namath, Montana , & even the Chiefs Len Dawson. If the term GOAT was in use back then it would probably be applied to them. And what has happened since those days?

I'm gonna paraphrase Bart Simpson & say, "The greatest of all time--- so far."
Of course, you’re 100% right. Babe Ruth, for instance, was the GOAT until he was supplanted by Hank Aaron. Heck, Cy Young is another original GOAT, as is Vince Lombardi. And then, it’s impossible to ever objectively decide the pissing contest in which we try to figure out what two athletes or teams from different eras would best the other.

We can blame LL Cool J for coming up with the GOAT.

Bill Gallo in the NY Daily News used to run Monday morning type QB type cartoons wherein one party would be crowned the Hero and another party would labeled the Goat.

Back