The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both my two teams lost yesterday. So I have to make a descion for my Super Bowl choice.
KC beat my Niners last year, can't support them.
Tom Brady I have to admit is the GOAT, but I hate to admit that because he takes that away from Joe Montana.
Tampa Bay is a City I frequented in the 90's quite a few times, and I always had a good time in Tampa.
Tampa Bay is a NFC team, and NFC teams don't root for other NFC teams.
So I am really torn here, but my descion is, I am going on the Buc's side.
Now, I won't buy a hat or a T shirt, but in my deranged scenario I just can't have the team that beat us last year win again this year.
49'ers back in playoffs next year.
Marpy, you could just resign yourself to being an impartial observer. I expect that even Pupster in Cali doesn’t have a dog in this fight.

Marpy, you could just resign yourself to being an impartial observer. I expect that even Pupster in Cali doesn’t have a dog in this fight.
Your right, In the end, I will be impartial, I definately won't be wrecked come Monday morning like last year.
I remember last year, at my Super Bowl party, my freind Brandon was sitting to my left and at 8 mins to go in the 4th, I queitely elbowed him and said, where going to win, and then all hell broke. :cry:
Yeah, it will be me and wife, big screen a little food and drink, still in Covid mode.

Your right, In the end, I will be impartial, I definately won't be wrecked come Monday morning like last year.
I remember last year, at my Super Bowl party, my freind Brandon was sitting to my left and at 8 mins to go in the 4th, I queitely elbowed him and said, where going to win, and then all hell broke. :cry:
Yeah, it will be me and wife, big screen a little food and drink, still in Covid mode.
What’s a Super Bowl party? I think that I vaguely remember reading about such events in historIcal archives.

What’s a Super Bowl party? I think that I vaguely remember reading about such events in historIcal archives.
https://bobbyowsinskiblog.com/2019/02/06/super-bowl-halftime-show/
A12_Super_Bowl_large.jpg

https://pro.harman.com/news/atk-aud...y-awards-and-sag-awards-with-jbl-professional

🚷🚯🚳🚱🔞🔞📵🚭 no nothing

I respectfully disagree. The deflater was the gimme TD that GB gave up just before the half.

That's what makes me laugh about Pro Football...you have millionaire players on the defense that let a guy behind them with only a few seconds left in the half...a good high school player knows better...but yet they think they have the best players and coaches on the planet...

That's what makes me laugh about Pro Football...you have millionaire players on the defense that let a guy behind them with only a few seconds left in the half...a good high school player knows better...but yet they think they have the best players and coaches on the planet...
Yes, but they have more advanced stages of CTE.

Good articles very interesting. The first article/link I discovered over a year ago & book marked, planning to post here as it got closer to Bowl time. Ha! You beat me to it! I always wondered how they could set a major performance during the commercial breaks. A friend once told me it was pre-filmed before the show. I learned it was not! Very revealing article about the logistics & special needs of the performers.

Hosting 3 AFC Championships in a row, View attachment 62205we in KC are on a roll. Here I am with my 89 year old mom. How ‘bout that kid shredding the anthem?!

Yes sir, three AFC's in a row, two Super Bowls in a row. It's disorienting. o_O

I see you live in Shawnee as do my daughters &their family as well. I live in Roeland Park. Maybe post COVID consider a get together & move some air?

BTW, nice pic!

Both my two teams lost yesterday. So I have to make a descion for my Super Bowl choice.
KC beat my Niners last year, can't support them.
Tom Brady I have to admit is the GOAT, but I hate to admit that because he takes that away from Joe Montana.
Tampa Bay is a City I frequented in the 90's quite a few times, and I always had a good time in Tampa.
Tampa Bay is a NFC team, and NFC teams don't root for other NFC teams.
So I am really torn here, but my descion is, I am going on the Buc's side.
Now, I won't buy a hat or a T shirt, but in my deranged scenario I just can't have the team that beat us last year win again this year.
49'ers back in playoffs next year.

49ers will be there if they acquire Matt Stafford

Yes sir, three AFC's in a row, two Super Bowls in a row. It's disorienting. o_O

I see you live in Shawnee as do my daughters &their family as well. I live in Roeland Park. Maybe post COVID consider a get together & move some air?

BTW, nice pic!

There still won't be a Chief's Super Bowl anything like SB IV when Len Dawson's gang destroyed the Vikings...They ran through The Purple People Eaters like a knife through soft butter. That win came one year after the Jets stunned the Colts.

Budweiser, skipping out on Super Bowl this year, after 37 years.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/25/media/budweiser-super-bowl-2021-commercial/index.html
Yes and like the story said, also Coke, Pepsi, Hyundai.
My most memorable Bud ad was several years ago & one of their simplest. It centers around a mini-fridge built into a communal wall between two family's. Family "A": (husband, presumably) comes in. "Hi honey I'm home!" Wife (presumably). " Did you you get some more Budweiser? We're all out!". "Yes I did putting it in the fridge."

Camera pans left to family "B": Opens the door on their side. " Hey look everybody. The Magic Fridge left us some more beer!"

I know, quite a dilemma, I think jimmy G is good enough, obviously, but is he made of glass? Stafford, maybe would/could be a great choice.

One cannot have the body of a normal human being and play NFL football. QB’s like Farve, Brady, and Eli rarely got hurt...for whatever reasons. Jimmy G doesn‘t seem durable. Maybe he will be so after acquiring a certain number of medically reinforced body parts.

Back