The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope that this young star quarterback beats that old ''never dies'' Brady (good looking perfect mommy boy...) But I'm not betting one cent for this as they say.... never...

There still won't be a Chief's Super Bowl anything like SB IV when Len Dawson's gang destroyed the Vikings...They ran through The Purple People Eaters like a knife through soft butter. That win came one year after the Jets stunned the Colts.
I always liked their offensive huddle. 2 rows of five, back to the ball, with Lenny D. facing them like an instructor.

I always liked their offensive huddle. 2 rows of five, back to the ball, with Lenny D. facing them like an instructor.
BA2401EB-DC96-43AB-8A7F-DEB82978279E.jpeg

I don't agree with that...even with the height...the NFL is LOADED with average to below average QBs that couldn't come close to Dawson's ability..
You're both right and I am very wrong. I was thinking of guys like Manning and Brady who are both around 6'5" and can see over the heads of the linemen. I in no way meant to malign Dawson's ability or accomplishments which more than speak for themselves.

I love that string of Super Bowls III, IV, V, VI, VII and the way things "cascaded":

Super Bowl III: The NY Jets and the AFL stun the world by beating Don Shula / Earl Morrall and the Colts.
Super Bowl IV: The Chiefs, with Len Dawson, Robert "The Tank" Holmes and coached by Hank Stram (Did he ever not have a rolled up piece of paper in his hand?) beat the defending SB champs, NY Jets, continue on to win the AFL title, and then clobber the Vikings in SB IV.
Super Bowl V: Morrall comes in to replace Johnny U and beats Tom Landry's Cowboys thus making amends for his poor SB III performance.
Super Bowl VI: Landry makes amends for the sloppy play of his team in SB V and beats Shula's Dolphins.
Super Bowl VII: Shula with his Dolphins finally break through and wins a Super Bowl (and the next one, too.)

Super Bowl CXV: The New York Jets finally make it to their second Super Bowl only to blow a 26 point fourth quarter lead to QB Tom Brady and the Alabama Crimson Tide. The Tide has won the last 25 Super Bowls after finally admitting that they are actually a pro team. Brady says that he wants to play for yet another 4 years.

You're both right and I am very wrong. I was thinking of guys like Manning and Brady who are both around 6'5" and can see over the heads of the linemen. I in no way meant to malign Dawson's ability or accomplishments which more than speak for themselves.

Actually the Chiefs offensive line back in the day wasn't small...the smallest OL was the center E.J. Holub and he was 6'4...the guards were both 6'5...and Dawson's blind side protector...LT Tyrer was 6'6...

When I was an NFL fan I used to get into some heated discussions with my friends about older players vs present day players...some millennial once tried to tell me that Jim Brown would just be an average back in today's game...I told him that anybody that drinks lite beer isn't a real man...he never said anything to me again :ROFLMAO:

Yet another Super Bowl with Brady. He throws 3 interceptions and still wins the game. How?
How???? Being a lifetime Packer fan, I'll tell you what I think.
He took advantage of GB coverage breakdowns. ( :08 left in 1st half & beginning of 3rd qt). He made the plays when he had to.
...GB going for 2 earlier in the game & not making was a receipt for failure. Then kicking fg @ the end instead of going on 4th down. Both poor coaching decisions... There were other things but to me those were key.
Add it all up, you loss. Brady is the GOAT for a reason.
I don't think KC will do the same stupid things GB did. I think they will win...
I'm happy for both KC & TB fans, you deserve it 🙂

How???? Being a lifetime Packer fan, I'll tell you what I think.
He took advantage of GB coverage breakdowns. ( :08 left in 1st half & beginning of 3rd qt). He made the plays when he had to.
...GB going for 2 earlier in the game & not making was a receipt for failure. Then kicking fg @ the end instead of going on 4th down. Both poor coaching decisions... There were other things but to me those were key.
Add it all up, you loss. Brady is the GOAT for a reason.
I don't think KC will do the same stupid things GB did. I think they will win...
I'm happy for both KC & TB fans, you deserve it 🙂
And when you look at it more closely, those last two Brady interceptions were more like 3rd down punts...no forfeiture of points on TBay’s part, no return yardage on the INTs, and GB getting the ball between their own 20 and 30 yard lines.

And when you look at it more closely, those last two Brady interceptions were more like 3rd down punts...no forfeiture of points on TBay’s part, no return yardage on the INTs, and GB getting the ball between their own 20 and 30 yard lines.
Yes, I agree! I believe GB only got a total of 6 points from the 3 interceptions..
About the only real positive I took from them at the time was it kept TB from scoring again 😟

Last edited:
Yes, I agree! I believe GB got a total of 6 points from the 3 interceptions..
About the only real positive I took from them at the time was it kept TB from scoring again 😟
You realize that New Jersey was a hotbed for Packer fans back when Lombardi was the head coach? He coached a local NJ high school football team, and also was an assistant coach for the NY Giants. As a really young kid, all I heard was Green Bay this and Lombardi that. Tons of people were on that GB bandwagon. But it was nothing like the Notre Dame bandwagon which still thrives to this day...The rabidness of our local ND fans is so intense that you'd think the school is in NJ.

You realize that New Jersey was a hotbed for Packer fans back when Lombardi was the head coach? He coached a local NJ high school football team, and also was an assistant coach for the NY Giants. As a really young kid, all I heard was Green Bay this and Lombardi that. Tons of people were on that GB bandwagon. But it was nothing like the Notre Dame bandwagon which still thrives to this day...The rabidness of our local ND fans is so intense that you'd think the school is in NJ.
Interesting....I didn't know that about Lombardi & the New Jersey hotbed or coaching a high school team.
But I do recall Lombardi was an assistant coach @ the Giants before he came to GB. Tom Landry was @ the Giants at the same time. One was defensive coordinator ( ..i think Landry) & the other offensive ( Lombardi) or the other way around. Both did pretty well....
GB was willing to take a relatively unknown guy because they had been so bad. I think if it hadn't been for Lombardi, GB would have eventually lost the franchise.
...sort of surprising that Lombardi even took the job. GB was no 'dream job' back then...

Last edited:
I guess you could say Kansas City has been to every Super Bowl, in the guise of George Toma, legendary groundskeeper. . George is not a native of KC but he is a resident going back to anicent days when the KC Athletics were in town. He has prepped all of the Super Bowls field, yup each & every one. And now he's down in Tampa Bay:

https://www.wfla.com/sports/the-big...-groundskeeper-91-preps-field-for-super-bowl/
His career has gained him numerous nick names, my favorite being Nitty Gritty Dirt Man. I think maybe the 80's there was a movement for artificial turf in the double sports stadium & there was an even bigger movement to keep it natural. Over night it seemed almost every car had a "Let George Do It " Bumper sticker. Of course he's probably met so many sports greats but there's also this guy:

Toma McCartney.jpg

Last edited:
careful..............Buffalo is dangerous. Dont count your wings before they hatch
What he just said. Your wings still risk being smothered in blue cheese(and Buffalo knows a thing or two about wings). We’ve so far had 3 games ending as upsets. Not that I’m trying to jinx you(and I don’t have a dog in this fight).

Back