The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is that Brady, in the end, will call it quits. His wife hasn't wanted him playing football for years, she makes more money than him anyway, and, to retain him, the Bucs would have to reload their team with re-signings, smart trades and somewhat lucky draft picks in the off season. It would make no sense for a 45-year-old man to trot himself out there for another season if he didn't have a great O-line to protect him, and elite backs, receivers, and tight ends to feed the ball to.

Today's Boston Herald had the best headline re: the Brady rumors: "The Clock Strikes 12."

I texted my cousin that Mahomes and the Chefs often nap until the middle of the 2nd quarter. So when they cooked up a 21-3 lead in the first half, I texted a buddy that the game was over. Then the Chefs decided to start their nap with that goal line debacle at the end of the half, and the rest is history.

Everyone is blaming Tartt (Niners) for dropping that wide open interception. But there were a number of flubs, including Skowronek's drop of a Stafford sure TD pass in the second quarter, and Jalen Ramsey dropping a sure interception in the 4th quarter. Hey, if DB's could catch they'd be wide receivers. Two more close games following last weekend's fiesta. I just hope that the Super Bowl isn't anti-climatic.

But what's remarkable:
Rodgers...gone
Brady...gone
Mahomes.....gone

Oh well, I join the club of many whose season is over. Good news, I didn't spend a dime on the game and I didn't drink either, think of all the music I can get now. The Niners reminded me of two years ago in the SuperBowl where the 4th quarter they left the building not as one player but as a team.
I of course cannot root for the Rams and I have to root for the Bengals as we cannot have a SuperBowl Champion in our division.
Congrats to all who cheered on all there teams during this people season, no empty stadiums, that was a big plus.
@Sonik Wiz , yes 4 drinks sounds perfect.

Now let’s see whose luck holds up on the 13th. And if the Rams turn out to be the winners then Matthew Stafford should get a ring for Barry Sanders. Can you think of any longer suffering Detroit Lions mega talented superstar?

yes I can think of a longer suffering Lions megastar because Im a Lions fan ( ...face turns red ..... ) Jason Hanson. One of the best kickers the NFL has ever seen. Mr. Accurate. He spent his whole career - 21 years !!!! - with the Deroit Lions. Oof !

Oh well, I join the club of many whose season is over. Good news, I didn't spend a dime on the game and I didn't drink either, think of all the music I can get now. The Niners reminded me of two years ago in the SuperBowl where the 4th quarter they left the building not as one player but as a team.
I of course cannot root for the Rams and I have to root for the Bengals as we cannot have a SuperBowl Champion in our division.
Congrats to all who cheered on all there teams during this people season, no empty stadiums, that was a big plus.
@Sonik Wiz , yes 4 drinks sounds perfect.
To paraphrase Bill Belicheck, at the end of the season all of the teams are disappointed except for one.

There is some joy in Cornhusker Nation because Zac Taylor played quarterback here 15 years ago.
After our worst season in program history and losing every conference game in the Big Ten. 😤

Ex-Husker Zac Taylor, Burrow lead Bengals to the Super Bowl

“It’s a special team that’s capable of doing special things,” said coach Zac Taylor, who was in elementary school the last time the Bengals went to the Super Bowl.
“We’ve said that from the get-go, whether people believed us or not,” he added. “We believed. So we’re not surprised.”
One of the last times Taylor was at Arrowhead Stadium, he was leading North Division champion Nebraska into the Big 12 championship game in 2006. Oklahoma won on a cold, cold night in Kansas City.

The Arrowhead Stadium feeling for Taylor, who is in his third season as Bengals head coach, was much better this time.

yes I can think of a longer suffering Lions megastar because Im a Lions fan ( ...face turns red ..... ) Jason Hanson. One of the best kickers the NFL has ever seen. Mr. Accurate. He spent his whole career - 21 years !!!! - with the Deroit Lions. Oof !

Have faith cbmmm3. Next year the Lions and the Jets will be in the Super Bowl. Ummm...that would a Saturnian year.

Is that Grand Central Station?
Haha No Sir. Just Kansas City Union Station. You were sorta close...

1643656654433.png

Back