The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thoughts on last night's Super Bowl?

I thought it was a good, close game; but the refs had too much input into the outcome. First, they blew the call when that Bengals WR grabbed Jalen Ramsey's face mask, spun him around a bit, and scored the long TD. Then that penalty on the Bengals LB (#55) towards the end of the game at the goal line was one of the softest holding calls I've seen. Their calls certainly weren't consistent. Perhaps they have too much discretion, which is trending towards another 'sport'. ⛸⛸⛸🥇🥈🥉
I thought it was a snoozer. Also, the Bengals coach’s decision to try a long home run pass on on 2nd and 1 was a mistake that Aaron Donald made them pay for…twice. The Bengals offensive line was porous and Burrows paid the price as the victim of multiple sacks; shades of Mahomes with no o-line against the Bucs.

The halftime show gave us a glimpse of life in the Hip Hop retirement home.

A very average football game. Both teams made their share of plays and their share of mistakes. At least it was close.
Haven't watched a halftime show in 20 years. The halftime show is to attract casual fans that don't watch games every week and need some bait to tune in.
A serious football fan don't need no stinkin' halftime show (or oven mitt).

A very average football game. Both teams made their share of plays and their share of mistakes. At least it was close.
Haven't watched a halftime show in 20 years. The halftime show is to attract casual fans that don't watch games every week and need some bait to tune in.
A serious football fan don't need no stinkin' halftime show (or oven mitt).
The halftime show at the Super Bowl is, all too often, the musical equivalent to appearing on “Dancing With The Stars;” that is, an attempt to jumpstart a career that has faded in the public memory. To give an example, there were people in their early 20’s at the Super Bowl party that I attended. They uniformly identified Snoop Dogg as “that guy in the Corona beer commercials” or “that guy in the commercials with that old white lady”(80 year old Martha Stewart, whose name they also didn’t know). Reminds me of the days back when when younger people knew Joe DiMaggio as “the Mr. Coffee Guy.”

Thoughts on last night's Super Bowl?

I thought it was a good, close game; but the refs had too much input into the outcome. First, they blew the call when that Bengals WR grabbed Jalen Ramsey's face mask, spun him around a bit, and scored the long TD. Then that penalty on the Bengals LB (#55) towards the end of the game at the goal line was one of the softest holding calls I've seen. Their calls certainly weren't consistent. Perhaps they have too much discretion, which is trending towards another 'sport'. ⛸⛸⛸🥇🥈🥉

Definitiely Agree on that last drive for the Rams......gimme TD for sure :unsure:

and then there is me. A lifelong Detroit Lions fan. One playoff victory since their 1957 Championship. Let me tell ya, its a tough gig !!!
I will watch the Detroit Rams tonite ( we Lions fans get our victories vicariously through Matthew Stafford ) .

and then there is me. A lifelong Detroit Lions fan. One playoff victory since their 1957 Championship. Let me tell ya, its a tough gig !!!
I will watch the Detroit Rams tonite ( we Lions fans get our victories vicariously through Matthew Stafford ) .
When @LuvMyQuad said that the Chiefs were in the toughest division, I was going to say, not if you’re a Lions fan. But I was trying to be kind.

you have my sincere condolences. And coming from a Bills fan, that means a lot.

Rams fan here. Good luck to the Bills tonight. I have to admit I was shocked to see the Bills are actually favored over the Super Bowl champs in their own house. Can't wait until kickoff!
It is odd they are favored.

Even more odd, the Bills are the favorites to win the SB and Allen is the favorite to win MVP.

We aren't used to this kind of thing in Buffalo....

Hard Knocks brother. Even got to see Eminem on the show.

Back