CONGRATULATIONS to all our Tampa Bay Bucs Fans!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not much of a sports fan, but I'll watch the Superbowl some years just for all the spectacle (and some of the commercials). This one was fun here with the new 106" screen. The halftime show was a triumph of flash over substance - I was enjoying the overwhelming visuals & immersive surround mix for several minutes before it occurred to me that no one is gonna remember these throwaway songs in a few years. Oh well...

I kept expecting the Chiefs to bounce back like they have done every time theyā€™ve fallen behind. Did not happen and this time it bit them badly. They were totally outplayed in every aspect of the game almost from start to finish.

I feel bad for Mahomes as he really had no help and got the crap beaten out of him.

I was pulling for the Bucs because Brady is an old guy and Arians is from New Jersey. His mother lives not far from me. If I did not route for the Bucs, she would have stuck a knitting needle in my tire...like the grandmother in that commercial.

Did the sound of the Halftime show seem really low to you also; and why were all those dudes wearing Jock Straps on their heads?
Yes, I agree with you, sound was not good, but I don't think it ever is. I think last year it was broadcast on DirecTV 4K channel, but not this year. I didn't like it at first, but after last nights halftime it really made me appreciate probably the last memorable halftime being the combo of Coldplay, Beyonce and Bruno Mars.

50 year JLo doing the salsa and easily pulling off wearing sexy mama outfits would have been more fitting for a game featuring a 43 year old GOAT.

And if the NFL had a sense of humor (and irony) they might have just scheduled Super Bowl LV in Las Vegas. Just imagine the Gronk Draft Kings betting commercial.

Anyway, it was a very bad night for Springsteen fans.

As a Chiefs fan, I can say that was the worst game that they've played in a couple of years. The injuries on the offensive line just did them in. Oh well, a 16-3 overall season isn't a bad thing. We'll be back. :p
Mahomes was less than 100% when the game started and well before the end he was limping. I wish him the best of luck with his toe surgery. I do wonder what the future holds for guys like Mahomes and Lamar Jackson should they begin to lose some of their speed and mobility.

Andy Reidā€™s sonā€™s unfortunately timed problems couldnā€™t have helped matters. Itā€™s impossible to keep that kind of stuff out of your head(and yes, itā€™s a much bigger deal than a football game).

@Sonik Wiz

145883977_5554395674585665_7047033259133345727_o.jpg

KC had a field and a ball. What they didnā€™t have was an offensive line. Mahomes was lucky to walk off the field without a second concussion. He did leave the field with his dignity intact(and $115 million in guaranteed money no matter what happens to him). Look at it this way, thereā€™s no way that he wonā€™t be back on that stage again soon and heā€™s already got more rings and SB appearances than Dan Marino. Where were you and I at age 26?

KC had a field and a ball. What they didnā€™t have was an offensive line. Mahomes was lucky to walk off the field without a second concussion. He did leave the field with his dignity intact(and $115 million in guaranteed money no matter what happens to him). Look at it this way, thereā€™s no way that he wonā€™t be back on that stage again soon and heā€™s already got more rings and SB appearances than Dan Marino. Where were you and I at age 26?

With the cap going lower and Mahomes cap hit growing larger, there will be NO guarantees he makes it back, especially in the tougher AFC.

Tampa Bay IS the covid sports King! LA can suck it :) Super Bowl champs, Stanley Cup champs, MLB American League champs, USL Co-Champions. Go Lightning/Bucs/Rays and Rowdies!

With the cap going lower and Mahomes cap hit growing larger, there will be NO guarantees he makes it back, especially in the tougher AFC.

Tampa Bay IS the covid sports King! LA can suck it :) Super Bowl champs, Stanley Cup champs, MLB American League champs, USL Co-Champions. Go Lightning/Bucs/Rays and Rowdies!
Weird how these things happen and the ā€œstars align:ā€ The NY Jets won SB III in January 1969, their first title. The NY Mets won the World Series in the fall of 1969, also their first title. Then the NY Knicks won the NBA championship in the spring of 1970, also their first title. All the other NY teams that had already won a title (Giants, Yankees, Rangers) did not win.

Back