Converting surround files for Acura using Mac and Audio Extractor

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cliffbig

Can anyone provide this newbie with only general knowledge of sound file conversion with instructions on how to use DVD Audio Extractor and/or XLD to create files that will play on a thumb drive in a new Acura? I have an older Acura with a disc player that will play surround files that I have converted with DVD Audio Extractor, but don't seem to be using the proper settings for the newer vehicle. (The simpler the Mac instructions, the better!)

The Acura will play 48kHz files max only so you'll need to resample files that a 96kHz to 48.

Also FLAC is only supported if the files use zero FLAC compression (0 settiing in the FLAC encoding).

I think all files must be 6 channel too. i.e. quad and 5.0 must have silent channels in a 5.1 formatted file

Last edited:
I have some 5.1 Pink Floyd mixes from the Immersion box sets. Have both DVD and Blue Ray. Which is better to use for conversion and what software/app should I use? I'm using MAC products.

Are you playing back in an Acura? If so, which model (year)? Later models can play FLAC.

I’m pretty sure this plays FLAC but it may need to be 48kHz and zero compression. I can PM you a small 30sec test file to try if you haven’t got a test FLAC. Advantage with FLAC is you can copy many albums to a small USB drive.

Yes it will play .flac files. What I need is how to rip these audio tracks from the DVD on a MAC. Is DVD Audio Extractor safe to use? Are there other programs out there? My Apple Superdrive did not recognize the audio tracks on the DVD and it ejected the Blu-ray disc all together.

DVDA AudioExtractor is safe. You can get a 30 day free trial.

You may need software to convert the FLACs to 48kHz (if you rip a 96kHz release) and to convert to zero FLAC compression.

@teedup - DVD-AE should allow you to choose 48kHz when you rip

dvdae48.png

Back