HiRez Poll Cooper, Alice - WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Alice Cooper - WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE

• 5:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Bad Mix, Bad Sonics, Bad Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your comments, thoughts and observations.......(y) (n)

Alice Cooper Welcome Front.jpg

Alice Cooper Welcome Back.jpg

Last edited:
It's great.
Really nice mix, superb clarity & sonics - and it's not been overcompressed either.
Well worth the money.

It's great.
Really nice mix, superb clarity & sonics - and it's not been overcompressed either.
Well worth the money.

:eek: It will be interesting to see if that disc is still there 3 months later. Did Neil find the store in the interim and buy the disc before offering this glowing review?:)

Chris

i recently purchased this at Amazon. Its a nice disc and nice mix for music i prefer billion dollar babies but with so little new Music around on DVD-A i took the plunge and was not dissappointed.

While filling my back list, I picked this one up from Deep Discount DVD, for $10.80 (with free shipping). The mix is good, better on some songs than others, but the sound is rich and full throughout. The Hi-res is evident, as the songs are clear and detailed. The material is a little dated (from 1975), but still fun. It has been a while since I took the journey through his twisted nightmare. Songs include "The Black Widow" with intro by Vincent Price, and "Only Women Bleed." Photo gallery and lyrics included along with an interview about the making of the album. I give it an 8, and for that price it is quite the bargain. :)

Note; Some of the older titles are starting to disapear, or getting harder to find. As the stock gets low, the prices go up, so get em while you can!

Dennis

I really like this one.'Steven' is a good track and the clarity of the various guitar tones is crystal.Billion dollar Babies would make a better concert but this is a better listen IMO

~M~

:eek: It will be interesting to see if that disc is still there 3 months later. Did Neil find the store in the interim and buy the disc before offering this glowing review?:)

Chris

Chris.
I already had Billion Dollar Babies, and this one had been on my list for a while.
With the early Warner/Rhino releases getting scarcer all thetime (Most on Amazon UK are now with 4 to 6 week lead times) I snapped it up last week.
(Truth be told, I have a great little arrangement with my better half. I cannot drink anything alcoholic because of having to be on medication 24/7 for spinal damage, so every 3 bottles of wine she buys translates into a new DVD-A for me.)

I'd already got the live DVD-V as well - but I genuinely had not heard this until I bought it last week.

Chris.
I already had Billion Dollar Babies, and this one had been on my list for a while.
With the early Warner/Rhino releases getting scarcer all thetime (Most on Amazon UK are now with 4 to 6 week lead times) I snapped it up last week.
(Truth be told, I have a great little arrangement with my better half. I cannot drink anything alcoholic because of having to be on medication 24/7 for spinal damage, so every 3 bottles of wine she buys translates into a new DVD-A for me.)

I'd already got the live DVD-V as well - but I genuinely had not heard this until I bought it last week.

Ok, I believe you didn't travel to the US to buy that disc and with demand for DVD-A as it is, it might still be at that used CD store. Your arrangement with your wife is a fair one. I haven't purchased or drank any alcohlic beverages this year and don't have a wife, so I can buy twice as many surround discs. I quit listening to Alice Cooper decades ago but might try something in surround. My experience with decades old music in surround has been hit or miss. Some tired old music has new life, some tired old music still sounds tired.

Chris

For the record, I went back to the local record store and bought the disk a few days after I made my above post.

Still haven't gotten around to listening to the whole thing yet, believe it or not. Maybe I'll do it tonight.

I love this one. A 10 for sure.

The surround track really shines.

There is so much more detail and 'action' with this mix. Sonically superior to any version I have heard before.

I had no idea that 'Only Women' had so much bottom end. Awesome.

I'm inclined to favour it a tad more than 'Billion Dollar Babies'.

"Devils Food" with the vocal partially taken from the TV special sure is different.

A Dick Wagner showcase to be sure.

Picked up a copy of this recently.

I prefer this one "sonically" to Billion Bollar Babies, but content-wise I think i still prefer BDB - It is growing on me..

liked this album since i was teenager and heard it first time. so, no wonder it was among my first surround purchases.
likes everything about this album - conceptuality, strong feeling of darkness, narration by Vincent Price at the beginning
of "The Black Widow", musical arrangment... great album and sounds just super in surround
10+ from me

Nice addition to my hobby. I do like this, I mean, it sounds so much better than my CD. Good mix, not crazy good, but good. I agree, it does sound warm. I gave it an 8.

Back