HiRez Poll Cramer, Floyd - FLOYD CRAMER WITH THE MUSIC CITY POPS & IN CONCERT [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Floyd Cramer - FLOYD CRAMER WITH THE MUSIC CITY POPS & IN CONCERT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2017 Multichannel SACD release from Dutton Vocalion of two classic Floyd Cramer albums, "Floyd Cramer with the Music City Pops" and "Floyd Cramer In Concert." The SACD features the classic 1970s Quadraphonic mixes of both albums.

(n) :) (y)

Floyd Cramer with The Music City Pops
1. Fancy Free (Cramer)
2. Bridge over Troubled Water (Simon)
3. Let it Be (Lennon; McCartney)
4. Is this Tomorrow (Cramer)
5. Last Date (Cramer)
6. I Saw the Light (Williams)
7. The Twelfth of Never (Livingston; Webster)
8. Makin’ Up (Cramer)
9. Maiden’s Prayer (Fischer)
10. The End of the World (Kent; Dee)

Floyd Cramer in Concert
11. On the Rebound (Cramer)
12. The Way We Were (Hamlisch; A & M Bergman)
13. Let Me Be There (Rostill)
14. Medley: San Antonio Rose (Wills) – Yesterday (Lennon; McCartney) – Love is Blue (Popp; Cour) – Brian’s Song (Legrand; A & M Bergman) – Joy to the World (Axton) – Bridge over Troubled Water (Simon) – Green, Green Grass of Home (Putman)
15. The Entertainer (Joplin arr Schuller)
16. Forever (Killen)
17. Flip, Flop and Bop (Cramer)
18. Last Date (Cramer)
19. Hank Williams Medley: Your Cheatin’ Heart (Williams) – You Win Again (Williams) – Cold, Cold Heart (Williams) – I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry (Williams) – Why Don’t You Love Me (Williams) – Jambalaya (On the Bayou) (Williams) – I Saw the Light (Williams)

Personnel [11-19]:
William E. Puett (baritone sax/flute/piccolo) George Cunningham, Donald Sheffield, George Tidwell (trumpets) Dennis Good, Bruce Waterman (trombones) James Wilkerson (guitar); Johnny Johnson (bass) Larrie Londin, Jerry White (drums)

Multi-ch Stereo
All tracks available in stereo and multi-channel

SA-CD
This hybrid CD can be played on any standard CD players

CDLK4613

8103W3J7f1L._SL1429_.jpg

Oh dear. I couldn't have been more wrong when I looked somewhat askance at half of this disc being live.

I first heard Floyd Cramer back in 1963 playing piano on We're Gonna Go Fishing by Hank Locklin. Over the years I've come to appreciate just how remarkably good were the Nashville session musicians. And Floyd Cramer is my favourite "pop" pianist.

In the first album of the twofer is a remake of Last Date. It's very good indeed.

But then we get On The Rebound, Flip Flop And Bop, & Last Date in that concert. Exceptional. 50s and 60s music well played in decent quadraphonic sound. Absolutely superb.

It made me happy.

Back