BluRay Music Video Poll Cream - LIVE AT THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL 2005 [Blu-Ray]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Blu-Ray Video release of the Cream - LIVE AT THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this Blu-Ray concert disc. (n):phones(y)

cream BD.jpg

I'll make a request here...if any of you who have this also have listened to the standard DVD version, could you please also comment on the comparision? I'm debating whether or not to upgrade. Thanks!

I'll make a request here...if any of you who have this also have listened to the standard DVD version, could you please also comment on the comparision? I'm debating whether or not to upgrade. Thanks!

That is my problem. I have the dvd and like it but when I saw this I flipped, another issue I have is is the audio DTS master of DD high res.
The dvd has terrific video I'm more interested in the audio

I finally got it! They put it all on one disc, and the results are terrific. The video there was not much difference (oppo 93) but the audio DTS master is the reason i bought this version, and sold the sd copy. all in all well worth the $16.00 at amazon, even just for the audio.

So definitely a lossless version? I have to admit I was very worried about this, as I made the mistake of buying the BD version of Clapton & Winwood at MSG, and the audio is identical to the DVD on that one (LPCM stereo and DTS Core Audio only).
Looks like I will go get this one.....

I did the same thing with the winwood/clapton disc, what a letdown. Yes! its dts master audio.
they stuffed it onto one disc, I can't compare to the dvd I had as I sold it before getting this version.
right on the back it says DTS-HD. It seems that some stuff was missing, but I cannot be sure.
over all, well worth the cost indeed! I'm pretty sure thwey shot it in HD as it's an eagle rock video
they have a good reputation. I think it's great, after having both this is the keeper. history on disc.

Last edited:
Looking at this monumental gig from a purely technical perspective, it must have been daunting. A long gig with just three instruments and three vocals to record and mix plus three people to film and edit - four if you count the audience as a shot as well. Not a great deal to draw on in post so full marks to Eagle Rock for creating an engaging visual edit and an enveloping and rich surround sound field to match.

The flip side of a reduced technical load should be perfection in the actual work done and here we find the unique and distinct characters to Clapton and Bruce's playing is captured more or less transparently. Baker's kit rings out in all it's multi-mic glory with fantastic LCR RCL pans peppering the arrangements. The rears provide the ambience of the Albert Hall itself whilst the fronts are pretty dry which creates an airy snap to the mids and highs that really sings. String bends sometimes pleasantly expose small fluffs making me think this one received little or no massaging in post. It sounds all the better for it.

Cream live at The Royal Albert Hall in your living room any time you like. 10.

I have the PBS/DD/5.1 version on my DVR; not as extensive, but the 1080i picture & DD surround are excellent
Better than the DVD, which I own; don't own the BD, but have seen it
Obviously, that's the best conclusive version

picked this up this year for a very good price, i was not expecting much from three old codgers but wow a great show and claptons best playing in years IMHO.

They definitly kick of each other well, burn bright and burn short a keeper of a disc.

picked this up this year for a very good price, i was not expecting much from three old codgers but wow a great show and claptons best playing in years IMHO.

They definitly kick of each other well, burn bright and burn short a keeper of a disc.

You evidently are a young man-if you were around in the day, you would know this band was one of the top acts of the era. A definite keeper for us old farts.

Back