Creedence Clearwater Revival at the Royal Albert Hall (Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sonic ,
Are you or they suggesting that an album for "Green River" and "Tombstone Shadow" in HI rez Surround/Atmos will also be made available ?
I think those are vinyl colors. Green and whatever a tombstone shadow looks like, some variation of grey and black, I guess!

Edit: Yup.
0b243765-8fd7-4003-a8e8-f20fab58f603.51399e5f73101525931a0f676962f10f.jpeg

GUEST_8f152969-9f6e-4a26-be91-e21d38bbf46a

Links and more details, including tracklists: Craft Recordings Announces Never-Before-Released Live Album From Creedence Clearwater Revival’s Legendary 1970 London Performance: Creedence Clearwater Revival At The Royal Albert Hall

Full album now streaming in Apple Atmos.
Sounds as good as I could hope, better than from the bleachers of Mile High Stadium, June 28,1969.
Hearing the bass guitar and sizzle on the cymbals clearly.

Yielded to temptation and ordered the box as my 69th birthday present.
Seduced by the film footage, I need that blu ray for more than the audio.

Most of the boys I played those songs with in teenage garage bands 53 years ago have already left the planet.
The old fart garage bands I've jammed with have and will always do them.
Often heard on grocery store muzak & oldies radio.
Little did those guys imagine their records would enter the canon of the Great American (& World) Songbook.

Full album now streaming in Apple Atmos.
Sounds as good as I could hope, better than from the bleachers of Mile High Stadium, June 28,1969.
Hearing the bass guitar and sizzle on the cymbals clearly.

Yielded to temptation and ordered the box as my 69th birthday present.
Seduced by the film footage, I need that blu ray for more than the audio.

Most of the boys I played those songs with in teenage garage bands 53 years ago have already left the planet.
The old fart garage bands I've jammed with have and will always do them.
Often heard on grocery store muzak & oldies radio.
Little did those guys imagine their records would enter the canon of the Great American (& World) Songbook.

It is good to watch as well:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...s-and-their-content.29166/page-21#post-651540

I just learnt that the UK fulfillment centre for Craft Recordings has gone into administration 😰
I do hope a solution can be found and that people won't lose their jobs.

Also a little concerned on whether my boxset preorder will be fulfilled.

I'll stick with my phenomenol Elliot Scheiner recorded/discretely remixed JOHN FOGERTY PREMONITION DVD until a stand alone BD~V with ATMOS is released!
I love that DVD, one of my fav all time concert recording. Good video and sound. I'm hoping this release can equal it. I also pray there will be a stand alone BD, I refuse to pay the $ for a bunch of vinyl I have no use for.

Last edited:
After some healthy chow-down :whistle: watching this marvelous documentary and concert.

The Atmos downmix on my 5.1 system is a little different for a concert. Fogerty's vocals heavy in the center with a kind of double stereo sound on the rest, Tom's rhythm guitar left and John's guitar slightly heavier to the rear right.

This is reminding me of just what a brilliant and powerful vocalist Fogerty was, the way his gravely voice was blasting out night after night, amazing his vocal chords weren't shredded.

*edit- on the closing credits the song Looking Out My Back Door sounds like a real non- concert surround mix!

Seems like they might have played an encore that wasn’t filmed?

Last edited:
Yeah, finally got to settle in with this—I was expecting pretty rough quality based on things I've read here and there and was very pleasantly surprised. Agree with @J. PUPSTER about the mix, but the mix really isn't the draw here—it's getting to see an extended set of Creedence live at the height of their powers. Overall, this sounds, and looks, pretty damn fantastic for something of this vintage—I'm really happy to have this in my collection and will definitely revisit. Great energy, great setlist—and here and there the sound is definitely a "hell yeah", like the pumping bass and kick drum on "Commotion".

Really enjoyable documentary leading up to the show, too—with great archival performances, footage and interviews. This is a treasure, in my book!

Yeah, finally got to settle in with this—I was expecting pretty rough quality based on things I've read here and there and was very pleasantly surprised. Agree with @J. PUPSTER about the mix, but the mix really isn't the draw here—it's getting to see an extended set of Creedence live at the height of their powers. Overall, this sounds, and looks, pretty damn fantastic for something of this vintage—I'm really happy to have this in my collection and will definitely revisit. Great energy, great setlist—and here and there the sound is definitely a "hell yeah", like the pumping bass and kick drum on "Commotion".

Really enjoyable documentary leading up to the show, too—with great archival performances, footage and interviews. This is a treasure, in my book!
Folks should be sure to also watch the Bonus material; explains the massive amount of work it took to piece this together from a mountain of old tapes.

For me that was the best part of the release. I don't care for the video-audio quality of the music at all. Reminds me of the VHS tape days. LOL
I'll stick to the John Fogerty - Premonition DVD, one of the best available with a dynamite 5.1 mix.

For me that was the best part of the release. I don't care for the video-audio quality of the music at all. Reminds me of the VHS tape days. LOL
I'll stick to the John Fogerty - Premonition DVD, one of the best available with a dynamite 5.1 mix.
I opted for the Universal UHQ MQA encoded CD from CDJapan ...sounds fine! Figured the video quality would be low res!

Folks should be sure to also watch the Bonus material; explains the massive amount of work it took to piece this together from a mountain of old tapes.
Agreed - pretty astonishing what they were able to do with the recently found footage.
Creedence certainly managed to fill Royal Albert Hall with sound with just 4 guys - John Fogerty is like a raw nerve!!!

Back