Creedence Clearwater Revival at the Royal Albert Hall (Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I love it. I ripped it for my 5.1 ROON system - ripped 7.1, but don't have the Atmos info, and ROON converts 7.1 to 5.1 - but still sounds terrific! My family room is gigantic into kitchen, etc. tall sloped ceilings, 3 Totem Audio Tribe Vs, 2 Totem Audio Tribe IIIs, 3 PS Audio Stellar M1200 monoblocks, 2 PS Audio M700 monoblocks, Exasound s88 7.1 channel DAC, Exasound Delta ROON Core. WOW! Yes, surrounds are mostly ambience, but what ambience it is! Feel like I am almost there in 1970 at the concert!

I love it. I ripped it for my 5.1 ROON system - ripped 7.1, but don't have the Atmos info, and ROON converts 7.1 to 5.1 - but still sounds terrific! My family room is gigantic into kitchen, etc. tall sloped ceilings, 3 Totem Audio Tribe Vs, 2 Totem Audio Tribe IIIs, 3 PS Audio Stellar M1200 monoblocks, 2 PS Audio M700 monoblocks, Exasound s88 7.1 channel DAC, Exasound Delta ROON Core. WOW! Yes, surrounds are mostly ambience, but what ambience it is! Feel like I am almost there in 1970 at the concert!
Atmos has a fair amount of activity in the heights, listening on Apple Music.

Atmos has a fair amount of activity in the heights, listening on Apple Music.
Yes when my Home Theater renovation is finally complete probably six months or so. I’ll be able to watch and here this in full Dolby Atmos glory - but it’s amazing how excellent it sounds in just 5.1. So I must add one has to turn it up!

I just popped it up in the theater to check it out before I watch it tonight. It's fairly grainy, but then again, it's almost as old as I am! (Not quite) :)

Still, it looks interesting. The first section is about the history of the band and their earlier trip to other parts of Europe.

So I just watched the Netflix documentary/concert. It was pretty damn good, and the audio to the concert was pretty amazing. Even with my "vintage" 5.1 setup in my theater, it was clearly a 5.1 presentation. Drums were mostly in the rear right, bass in the rear left, and vocals almost always in the fronts. And yes, the closing credits version of "Lookin' Out My Back Door" was absolutely a discrete 5.1 mix. Not a "Columbia Q8" deal, but totally and unarguably a surround mix.

So go forth and watch!!

The part that struck me the most, however, is a bit of a bummer. Watching the 4 lads in Europe, I could not help but think that in just a year or so from then they would get into arguments and basically ruin the band, and the 3 others would side with their record label and vote against JF, the guy who got them where they were, wrote the songs, and sang and played lead guitar - as well as arranger. What a stab in the back. It's amazing that he survived that mutiny and ended up back on his feet standing in Centerfield

So I just watched the Netflix documentary/concert. It was pretty damn good, and the audio to the concert was pretty amazing. Even with my "vintage" 5.1 setup in my theater, it was clearly a 5.1 presentation. Drums were mostly in the rear right, bass in the rear left, and vocals almost always in the fronts. And yes, the closing credits version of "Lookin' Out My Back Door" was absolutely a discrete 5.1 mix. Not a "Columbia Q8" deal, but totally and unarguably a surround mix.

So go forth and watch!!

The part that struck me the most, however, is a bit of a bummer. Watching the 4 lads in Europe, I could not help but think that in just a year or so from then they would get into arguments and basically ruin the band, and the 3 others would side with their record label and vote against JF, the guy who got them where they were, wrote the songs, and sang and played lead guitar - as well as arranger. What a stab in the back. It's amazing that he survived that mutiny and ended up back on his feet standing in Centerfield
Yep, centerfield was another great album but his voice had lost some of its growl

So go forth and watch!!

Tom Fogerty was the first to go, the other three released Mardi Gras and toured as a three piece band and released Live in Europe. A very good live record. :cool: Correct me if I'm wrong.🤔

Tom Fogerty was the first to go, the other three released Mardi Gras and toured as a three piece band and released Live in Europe. A very good live record. :cool: Correct me if I'm wrong.🤔
Mardi Gras was not live but it did include 3 tracks from Stu (which were not good) and 3 from Doug that I thought were really good.

Back