Quad LP/Tape Poll Creedence Clearwater Revival: Creedence Gold [CD-4/Q8]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate 'Creedence Gold'

• Total voters
Down on the Corner and
Have You Ever Seen the Rain are fake / just the original Stereo mixes ... (n)

FL Left Channel of the Stereo Version
FR Left Channel of the Stereo Version

RL Right Channel of the Stereo Version
RR Right Channel of the Stereo Version

On the other tracks Bass is Front and Drums Rear :cool:
like Born on the Bayou:

FL Bass, Cowbell (from 2:35)
FR Bass, Rhythm Guitar, Hand Clap

RL Drums, Lead Guitar, Cowbell (from 2:35)
RR Drums, Lead Guitar, Bongo Drum
Your 1st post MoB1 ?
Welcome to the QQ forum !

Down on the Corner and
Have You Ever Seen the Rain are fake / just the original Stereo mixes ... (n)

On the other tracks Bass is Front and Drums Rear :cool:

The lead vocal dominates all four channels, so songs with instrumental parts sound more discrete:

fizzywiggs41 wrote
: Only two tracks seemed to have some sort of front to back .....Suzie Q and Grapevine.

On Bad Moon Rising the lead vocal is delayed in the rears.

Bad Moon Rising.jpg

I have a DVD-Audio made from Quad 8 tape 17 December 2011 (by ?)

PS
Yes, it's very strange that the Mercedes DVD mix of Have You Ever Seen the Rain is discrete in the center channel only. Mistake?
All the other songs seem ok... except for Alex Max Band (Double Stereo maybe?)

John Fogerty is still, after 50 years, singing 'Have You Ever Seen The Rain' and 'Bad Moon Rising' ... Long as he can see the light.

(“In My Room,” a new series in which musicians perform from their homes in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic. )

We need a new surround mix of these songs, John. 😇

He is still amazing, wig or not. One thing I am a firm believer in is that CCR was basically JF. The other 3 guys were fine, but really. Who wrote, sang, arranged, and produced those hit songs? We all saw what CCR was without him by listening to their last album. Drek. Over at SHF the other three have their supporters but really, did any of them have a dust-speck of a career after they broke up? (Other than playing Johns songs as basically a tribute band)

His last tour date:
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/john...tar-world-resort-thackerville-ok-b9bc972.html16 Creedence songs (1968-1970) and 3 from Centerfield (1985). Plus ... Jambalaya (On the Bayou) from The Blue Ridge Rangers.

Without big brother Tom... (Tom quit when John wouldn't let him sing one of the covers on Cosmo's Factory... "My Brother Left me")

Creedence Gold rating: Content: 9 , Sound/mix: 5 = Se7en

Creedence Gold Quad.jpg

John Fogerty is still, after 50 years, singing 'Have You Ever Seen The Rain' and 'Bad Moon Rising' ... Long as he can see the light.

(“In My Room,” a new series in which musicians perform from their homes in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic. )

We need a new surround mix of these songs, John. 😇

Here he is--during the lockdown--on NPR's Tiny (Home) Desk Concert, with his kids. The set includes 3 CCR tunes. Sounding great!

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/24/8429...ry-john-fogerty-family-tiny-desk-home-concert

Last edited:
Well, yes and no. It is Dauqula II's first post, but actually I am the "original DauQula" but it has been so long since I last posted, my old profile is apparently unretrievable, and hence, I created a new profile.
Did you forget your password and the associated email is no longer in use either? I’m surprised anything was lost for good. But anyway welcome back.

This one is perfect for surround... someday.... (Green River - Creedence Clearwater Revival (HQ - 5.1 Studio)

Yes, this one is dominated by John Sr.

Your account is still there. I just PM'd you with the details to get it back. Please respond so I know it worked when you get in with the old username, then we'll clean up this thread!
" then we'll clean up this thread!"

Just a reminder.

What would a CD-4 LP in mint condition of "Creedence Gold" sell for?

$60-$100, maybe more if you get a bidder who really wants one. Quad prices ain't what they used to be. I've seen this go for over $200 back in the '00's.

Back