HiRez Poll Crickets, The - The Crickets and their Buddies

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-Audio of The Crickets - The Crickets and Their Buddies

• 10: Great Surround, Great Presentation, Great Performance

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • 9:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8:

• 7:

• 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Presentation, Poor Performance

• Total voters
Also unfamiliar to me... thought I'd seen them all!

it's fairly scarce, since Jon first mentioned it on QQ (i'd never heard of it before til then either!) a few have popped up for sale online, one on eBay, two on Amazon, one on Discogs, all gone.. i've not found a copy yet at a price (including international shipping & import duty) i'm comfortable with. maybe one day šŸ˜‹

I thought this already had a Poll somewhere; I've been huntin' for it for a couple of years now, and only seen a few for sale at higher "than I'd like" prices. So now more folks to compete with- oh boy!šŸ™ƒ :smokin
I figured felling Freddie lurking in the shadows on this one...

There should be a group here at QQ that buys rare titles collectively, which then get mailed around.
How often do we actually go back and relisten to many titles? Just give it a few good spins and mail it to the next guy.
That way, a $100 title maybe only costs you $10-20 to listen to a few times.

There should be a group here at QQ that buys rare titles collectively, which then get mailed around.
How often do we actually go back and relisten to many titles? Just give it a few good spins and mail it to the next guy.
That way, a $100 title maybe only costs you $10-20 to listen to a few times.

Who knows how to form an L.L.P. :ROFLMAO:?

I have owned this disc since it was released in 2004. Donā€™t remember where I bought it. The overall recording and sound quality is outstanding. The performances are pretty top notch across the board and the guests pretty clearly have a good deal of reverence for Buddy Holly and the Crickets. Surround is discrete and immersive with excellent highlighting of solos. Itā€™s notable that Waylon Jennings performance on this disc was his last ever recording before he died on February 13, 2002. This also informs how long it took to complete this formidable project. Just the scheduling alone with this array of guests had to be quite the task: Eric Clapton, Nanci Griffith, Rodney Crowell, John David Souther, John Prine, Graham Nash, Albert Lee, Johnny Rivers, Bobby Vee, others and the original Crickets. If you can find it, buy it, especially if you enjoy ā€œthe music that started it allā€. Sadly some of these performers are gone now but at least these rare productions are preserved in 5.1 glory. Note - surround format is Dolby Digital Surround for DVD Video and Advanced Resolution Surround for DVD Audio.

Back