Crowded House Full Back Catalogue Reissue Program (No Surround Though…)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard a new interview with Neil yesterday. He said the band will be playing gigs in Australia and New Zealand at the end of the year. He said the band will tour the US and the UK before that. I caught them twice last year and they are still great in concert. Looking forward to seeing them again....
We caught them in Germany (I live in the Netherlands) in the summer of 2022 and they were indeed in great form. Still hoping they will add some dates for the rest of Europe this summer, but I think the 2022 tour might have been a bit of a disappointment sales-wise (not many shows sold out) and as the UK is not in the EU anymore, moving to mainland Europe will involve paying import duties and a lot of extra hassle for permits and what not.

The new single isn't exactly a classic-in-the-making IMO, but then again I have always preferred their 'deep cuts' over the singles.

I am an unabashed, dyed in the wool, Crowded House fan and have been since the first album. Such talent. However, my biggest dissapointment, concert wise, was Crowded House.
It was September of 2007. A friend of mine and I bought tickets well in advance looking forward to seeing them live for the first time. Great seats, in a great venue.
Come September, the venue was closed due to a labor dispute. The concert was moved to a small, outdoor, sit on the grass venue in a local park. No reserved seating. On the day of the show, it was cold and raining. Both the crowd, and the band, seemed like they'd rather be anyplace else.
This was beyond Crowded House's control. I understand that. But man, it was horrible.

A little bit of a Revolver vibe.... Release date May 31st. CD and vinyl are the only mentioned physical formats. Maybe Paul can do it as SDE #21?

cover700-1.jpg

I doubt SDE will release this in their series, as the album was announced on their website already, with a subtle nudge to go for an edition with a signed print. I guess he would not have done that if a BluRay in the SDE-series was in the cards.

Back