Crowded House recurring dream

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t have it but was also intrigued when I saw it years ago. It’s just packaging around the single disc ‘recurring dream’ greatest hits CD with ‘the dreaming’ collection of videos.
Not at home but Discogs tells me the dvds are dd 5.1 and stereo, will have to give it a spin later to check out the 5.1

The DVD is available on its own so if you don't need the CDs, well at least there are options. Fwiw, I just ordered a copy. I suspect it's probably going to be another surround-lite affair with mostly/exclusively reverb in the rears as I'm sure we (the community) would have been all over this one years ago if it had a dynamic surround mix. But one can dream... until the postie arrives :)

71rjafaQRXL._AC_SY445_.jpg

The DVD is available on its own so if you don't need the CDs, well at least there are options. Fwiw, I just ordered a copy. I suspect it's probably going to be another surround-lite affair with mostly/exclusively reverb in the rears as I'm sure we (the community) would have been all over this one years ago if it had a dynamic surround mix. But one can dream... until the postie arrives :)

71rjafaQRXL._AC_SY445_.jpg

My copy arrived today and I've just given it a spin. There's no need to say anything about the surround mix other than it would score low in the polls and as such, prospective buyers should keep their expectations low accordingly. The dynamic range is good, however, so that a plus!

Interestingly though, I'd only ever seen the video to Weather With You so it was very interesting to see a whole load of music videos of songs I really like that I've never seen before. The highlight on that front was Private Universe, a very transcendental song imo, and the video was suitably offbeat in the outback, as it were. Unfortunately, the video's duration was shorter than the song's normal length by well over a minute so the full impact of the song/video was lost somewhat, but it was still great to see it nonetheless :)

Back