Crutchfield would like to sell you an SACD player.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gene_stl

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
https://www.crutchfield.com/learn/are-sacd-players-worth-it.html
I had a click bait link offered to me which was the above. Crutchfield would like to sell you an expensive SACD player.
Of course none of the four had multi channel analog outputs. Only 2 channel stereo.
And the prices are breathtaking. ($1200, 3K 3k and 3.5K $)
Maybe the Reavon isn't such a bad deal. Or the Oppo s on ebay.

Last edited:
https://www.crutchfield.com/learn/are-sacd-players-worth-it.html
I had a click bait link offered to me which was the above. Crutchfield would like to sell you an expensive SACD player.
Of course none of the four had multi channel analog outputs. Only 2 channel stereo.
And the prices are breathtaking. ($1200, 3K 3k and 3.5K $)
Maybe the Reavon isn't such a bad deal.
They certainly make it clear that you must have super duper top quality set up to be able to appreciate SACD. In other words, you must already be a member of the club to join the club. I wonder when they will do similar pimping for MQA?

Crutchfield = $$$$$ full retail :hi no thank you.

You're also offered the option of buying OPEN BOX and SCRATCH AND DENT. When I bought my two tank~like Marantz SACD players from Music Direct they were pretty heavily discounted and at the time NO sales tax and Free s/h and they even threw in a couple of MoFI STEREO SACDS for free!

See the source image

You're also offered the option of buying OPEN BOX and SCRATCH AND DENT. When I bought my two tank~like Marantz SACD players from Music Direct they were pretty heavily discounted and at the time NO sales tax and Free s/h and they even threw in a couple of MoFI STEREO SACDS for free!

See the source image
Seems like a good deal then!! :cool:

Color me impressed! Genuine good deals.

Color me impressed! Genuine good deals.

The Marantz is a genuinely great SACD player and of course mine are older models and don't have the streaming ability but IMO, they're much better RBCD and Stereo SACD players than ANY of the OPPOs, the 205 included.

BTW, SW, did you ever receive your Martin Denny two~fer and if so, comments?

The Marantz is a genuinely great SACD player and of course mine are older models and don't have the streaming ability but IMO, they're much better RBCD and Stereo SACD players than ANY of the OPPOs, the 205 included.

BTW, SW, did you ever receive your Martin Denny two~fer and if so, comments?
Yes, I have! Thanks for the tip. Still un-wrapped. Catching up with other stuff. Probably this Sunday which would be perfect.

That is kind of against my religion. :LOL: :cool:
The Mrs. has various names she has called me , some from when we first started going together 50 years ago. One of them was "I can get it for you wholesale " [insert my Jewish sounding last name here]"

Last edited:
That is kind of against my religion. :LOL: :cool:
The Mrs. has various names she has called me , some from when we first started going together 50 years ago. One of them was "I can get it for you wholesale..."

I prefer to call it "value investing."
By the way, what is possibly your "best value investment of all time" is boxed up and patiently anticipates your arrival. :dance

See the source image
What's the model number of your Marantz?
Thanks, John R

Maybe to your ears but that’s probably because you like listening to distortion. I wouldn’t and would stay clear of all Marantz products until they stop using HDAM.

Maybe to your ears but that’s probably because you like listening to distortion. I wouldn’t and would stay clear of all Marantz products until they stop using HDAM.

Obviously I LOVE distortion so so much, Perp, I bought 2 of them. What you READ and I actually HEAR are two wildly different things!

Back