CSN&Y - Deja Vu 50th Anniversary Box set on the Horizon!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has been stated that there is going to be ededa 50th Anniversary Edition Box Set released sometime in the near future. It was one of the titles listed on SDE site in the "Get In Touch" chat!! I CAN'T WAIT:love:(y):SG:51QQ:QQlove:dance:hi:phones

Déja Vu all over again. Any mention of a 5.1 remix?

See the source image

Last edited:
I don't think GN ever got around to doing a 5.1 remix which at one point he said that he would be doing. Well, you never know. If you dig through the forum there's a post from when I asked him just that at his forum.

I don't think GN ever got around to doing a 5.1 remix which at one point he said that he would be doing. Well, you never know. If you dig through the forum there's a post from when I asked him just that at his forum.

Jon, wasn't this one of those pre~announced DVD~A 5.1 titles during Warner's initial DVD~A blitz? Perhaps STEEL WOOLE can shed some light on whether it was ever remixed or not,

Jon, wasn't this one of those pre~announced DVD~A 5.1 titles during Warner's initial DVD~A blitz? Perhaps STEEL WOOLE can shed some light on whether it was ever remixed or not,

It was on the list but I doubt it was ever done. If it was going to be done, it would have been done by Graham, I am sure.

Very KEWL Jon....were you ever involved in the music industry yourself? How were you able to interview GN?

No. Graham had a little forum of his own and interfaced with fans. It was pretty cool. This was around 2003 or so. Not many people participated, but I kept trying to fly the DVD-A flag there drumming up support for more of their releases. When he actually emailed me I was a bit shocked, to say the least! It did not seem to get much reaction here, so I sort of forgot about it until now.

Even just a stereo remix for the 50th would be interesting to hear - I've always thought the original sounds kinda muddy. Maybe that was the intended effect? The original stereo was pretty extreme at times, so I'd love to hear an uber-wide surround mix a la Idlewild South or Moondance (both albums of a similar vintage).

If I'm not mistaken, when EPIX recently broadcast their two part documentary LAUREL CANYON, CSNY's OUR HOUSE was distinctly remixed into 5.1 and it sounded awesome! And one other QQ poster also commented on this.

See the source image
Probably a Penteo job, it can do amazingly good.

Probably a Penteo job, it can do amazingly good.

This WAS pretty discrete, JP, and not many other songs on the soundtrack displayed such discreteness. And even though broadcast in Dolby Digital, from my recollection of the album itself, IT NEVER SOUNDED THIS GOOD. Who knows, it may have been partially remixed into 5.1 already.

I searched to see if I could find an old link to GN's forum, but it's long gone. I did find I post I created over at SHF in 2004 where I posted some excerpts from that forum which indicate there was another blow up between "the guys" and GN was not going to do any CSN/CSNY stuff anymore.

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/csny-back-into-history.44029/#post-841943

Interesting. Have you tried the Wayback Machine?

https://web.archive.org/web/*/grahamnash.com
(Also: I wonder if anything might be different now that David Crosby is supposedly all sweetness-and-light?)

Back