CSN&Y - Deja Vu 50th Anniversary Box set on the Horizon!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go ahead Ralph listen to my sample, it took me about 5 min., just think what a professional with all the tools and experience could do with it, like these credits from their web page below
Recent Credits
eve.jpg

Traindragon2.jpg

jack ryan.jpg

once hollywood.jpg

downton.jpg

Equalizer2.jpg

nailedit.jpg

solo.jpg

thunderbirds.png

lionking.png

Jamestown.png

Thedayshallcome.png

legomovie2.jpg

addamsfamily.jpg

aquaman_ver11.jpg

shawnthesheep.jpg

lastchristmas.jpg

aeronauts.jpg

Go ahead Ralph listen to my sample, it took me about 5 min., just think what a professional with all the tools and experience could do with it, like these credits from their web page below
Recent Credits
eve.jpg

Traindragon2.jpg

jack ryan.jpg

once hollywood.jpg

downton.jpg

Equalizer2.jpg

nailedit.jpg

solo.jpg

thunderbirds.png

lionking.png

Jamestown.png

Thedayshallcome.png

legomovie2.jpg

addamsfamily.jpg

aquaman_ver11.jpg

shawnthesheep.jpg

lastchristmas.jpg

aeronauts.jpg

Am NOT a downloader, Pupster. Besides, IF Penteo was applied, why didn't all the other music in this DOC have that same discrete effect? WHY JUST THIS ONE in particular?

Am NOT a downloader, Pupster. Besides, IF Penteo was applied, why didn't all the other music in this DOC have that same discrete effect? WHY JUST THIS ONE in particular?
Budget perhaps for one; what do any of us really know about their choices or motivations. I'm only trying to get you to see the possibility of it; since you're so quick to dismiss the Penteo idea. I've heard hundreds of hours of Penteo up-mixes and some are breath taking. Have you heard any?
Also, ask Chucky from Involve why they're working on a similar project of a VST plugin, that could be direct competition for Penteo? I for one can't wait to get a hold of that either!

Budget perhaps for one; what do any of us really know about their choices or motivations. I'm only trying to get you to see the possibility of it; since you're so quick to dismiss the Penteo idea. I've heard hundreds of hours of Penteo up-mixes and some are breath taking. Have you heard any?
Also, ask Chucky from Involve why they're working on a similar project of a VST plugin, that could be direct competition for Penteo? I for one can't wait to get a hold of that either!

Pupster....you're driving me CRAZY. Sure, anything's possible but there was a lot of Doors' Music in the doc, as well, and we all know their music has been remixed into 5.1 but the fidelity was nowhere near as crisp, clean and discrete as OUR HOUSE. When that song came on, my ears suddenly 'perked up' so immensely satisfying was the fidelity .....as was the lovely discreteness.

Watch the Documentary. And be the judge......Part I Laurel Canyon!

Pupster....you're driving me CRAZY. Sure, anything's possible but there was a lot of Doors' Music in the doc, as well, and we all know their music has been remixed into 5.1 but the fidelity was nowhere near as crisp, clean and discrete as OUR HOUSE. When that song came on, my ears suddenly 'perked up' so immensely satisfying was the fidelity .....as was the lovely discreteness.

Watch the Documentary. And be the judge......Part I Laurel Canyon!
Nah, you're still fudging on the issue, so I guess more crazy is necessary ;)
* Of course you also could be right, who knows, just don't tell anybody I said that K. :p

Nah, you're still fudging on the issue, so I guess more crazy is necessary ;)
* Of course you also could be right, who knows, just don't tell anybody I said that K. :p

You remind me of a friend who spent $50 on a steak and although he was a great cook, the piece of meat was bad. And he kept fussing with it.....re~marinating it, putting it back on the grille when the truth was it was grizzily and NOT worth the fuss. After about an hour of these shenanigans, even his girlfriend finally looked at him and said GIVE IT UP .... Even though that steak was 50 bucks ..... it wasn't a great cut of meat. So we settled on 'gourmet' hamburgers!

Pupster .... I'm convinced FIRSTHAND Our House was a discrete mix and you keep insisting without even have seen the documentary that it was probably a Penteo upmix.

Shall we settle this situation with a DUEL?

See the source image

Furthermore, Pupster, IF IT WAS INDEED A PENTEO UPMIX I will be THE FIRST in line to purchase Chucky's SM V.3 with the Penteo~like "VST plug~in" as I've always admired Chucky's style .... and WIT!

BTW, Pupster, you're one TOUGH COOKIE .... and a duel may be CATHARTIC!

Last edited:
Right? sweaty wet fingers and hands makes playing guitar very difficult; that's one reason I was always impressed by the Super Bowl half time show that Prince tore up in the pouring rain!
I’ve always admired pickers that can deliver the goods in outdoor conditions - much easier said than done!

You remind me of a friend who spent $50 on a steak and although he was a great cook, the piece of meat was bad. And he kept fussing with it.....re~marinating it, putting it back on the grille when the truth was it was grizzily and NOT worth the fuss. After about an hour of these shenanigans, even his girlfriend finally looked at him and said GIVE IT UP .... Even though that steak was 50 bucks ..... it wasn't a great cut of meat. So we settled on 'gourmet' hamburgers!

Pupster .... I'm convinced FIRSTHAND Our House was a discrete mix and you keep insisting without even have seen the documentary that it was probably a Penteo upmix.

Shall we settle this situation with a DUEL?

See the source image

Furthermore, Pupster, IF IT WAS INDEED A PENTEO UPMIX I will be THE FIRST in line to purchase Chucky's SM V.3 with the Penteo~like "VST plug~in" as I've always admired Chucky's style .... and WIT!

BTW, Pupster, you're one TOUGH COOKIE .... and a duel may be CATHARTIC!
And you’re like that old fart that thinks by yelling out a response because of poor hearing he’ll be understood better.
Also, I never said I hadn’t seen the series.
Tell ya what I’ll do, I’ll make a decent attempt at an up-mix of Our House, and compare it to the one on the show, I can watch it again on Amazon Prime.
This ain’t over by a long shot Boyo! 🤠
*You make for a good chew toy 🦴 Ralphie:)

Last edited:
That discreet effect varies quite significantly album to album and even track to track. I gotta agree with the Pup here. Some of the Pentio upmixes I've heard are done so well and sound so discreet I would never guess I was hearing an upmix if i didn't already know it. A lot of upmixes sound better than actual surround releases because the commercial releases are done so poorly. Ralphie, you should try to load a few standout Pentio tracks on a USB drive and play them on your system. I'll bet they would surprise you.

OK, found it.

The title is CSNY-Deja Vu 24-96 6 channel flac from MFSL LP 1-088 vinyl (SBU)

sounds pretty darn good. I'm guessing this is the penteo upmix?

from Wikipedia it looks like Penteo was introduced in 2005 and first marketed in 2009

The "Date Modified" in Windows explorer lists this as 2010 so that would jive.

Last Summer I marked my calendar at 11/13/2020 = possible release date for Deja Vu 50th Anniversary.
Any news lately ?
No Moe .....other than the mention in a private chat at SDE where they discussed all the 50th Anniversary editions that are due out this year or in the near future....just be patient...I know I'm waiting with BAITED BREATH for it as well🤩

Back