Current or Upcoming Surround Releases You're Excited About!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edisonbaggins

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Well it’s an exciting time to be a quadie! 🤩 There’s a few releases upcoming like Goats Head Soup, plus The Doobies Quadio and a very slight chance of the Seeds of Love SW mix to finally come out...

Plus a SW mix of Ultravox and the just announced and possible future crop of DV quads. Phew!

And we also have opportunities having been promised 10,000 songs in Dolby Atmos by the end of the year?!? 🤯

Throw in a very subjective fact that my footie team Arsenal just won the FA Cup and in these uncertain times life doesn’t seem quite so grim! 😎

Last edited:
I'd say the thing that has me most excited right now is the strong possibility of finally getting some of Santana's studio quads from Sony Japan. Aside from that, definitely the Doobies Quadio and Goat's Head (though we still don't know who did the surround mix!). The upcoming Pineapple Thief and SW Blu-Rays should be really good too.

Some other stuff that comes to mind...
  • The remaining EMI Marillion albums (I'm excited to hear a cleaned-up version of Fugazi even if the 5.1 mix isn't super exciting)
  • Floyd's Animals and TFF's Seeds Of Love - kinda losing hope at this point, but who knows...
  • Alan Parsons Project - if the standalone releases keep coming, I will continue to buy them.
  • Jethro Tull book sets - is the series really over?
  • Studio material from Big Big Train in 5.1?

Oh I forgot about The Future Bites - Atmos debut from Steven Wilson!

And Pink Floyd - Animals?!? 😻

And yeah, holy crap the Santana quads!!! 🤤

Great choices chaps...

Plus hopefully a nicely discrete mix of Let It Be by a certain group from Liverpooool, which I’ve Got A Feeling will be heading out too?! :phones

How sure are we of the Doobies box?

And will we get another Beatles deluxe?
I guess nothing is for sure until we get it into our hot little digits; but I just figure if they have a commercially ready Quadio Box to Unbox, then they must have already gotten some ready to go right?

Back