Customer dissatisfied with Reavon player

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My money was refunded for the flash drive, which shows that eBay purchases of questionable items is perfectly safe! The thing that bothers me is that I can't leave feedback.

The feedback thing opens up dilemma, the product was bad deserving a negative but the situation was taken care of quickly deserving a positive or at least a neutral response. A negative would help deter others from ordering a bad product and be the more useful response.
I recently gave negative feedback for the first time, and before the situation was resolved. This wasn't a product issue or shipping damage, but simple zero communication from the seller. A box of 8-tracks in nice shape that I ran across when I wasn't even looking for them. The seller simply did not ship, and gave complete silence to three increasingly unhappy messages from me.
At that point I gave my first ever negative feedback, simply reporting what happened (or didn't happen in this case).
Opened a case with ebay, stating perhaps the seller had some hardship and I'd be happy to receive the item.
When they replied with a refund because the seller "did not give valid shipping information", and I noticed on the seller's page they had since added new items, I was glad I helped warn future purchasers.
When ebay asked for confirmation that this was resolved I clarified that it wasn't invalid shipping information, it was no information at all and I suspected the seller simply changed their mind about selling after they had the money.

I recently gave negative feedback for the first time, and before the situation was resolved. This wasn't a product issue or shipping damage, but simple zero communication from the seller. A box of 8-tracks in nice shape that I ran across when I wasn't even looking for them. The seller simply did not ship, and gave complete silence to three increasingly unhappy messages from me.
At that point I gave my first ever negative feedback, simply reporting what happened (or didn't happen in this case).
Opened a case with ebay, stating perhaps the seller had some hardship and I'd be happy to receive the item.
When they replied with a refund because the seller "did not give valid shipping information", and I noticed on the seller's page they had since added new items, I was glad I helped warn future purchasers.
When ebay asked for confirmation that this was resolved I clarified that it wasn't invalid shipping information, it was no information at all and I suspected the seller simply changed their mind about selling after they had the money.
You might want to doublecheck that your negative feedback is actually still there, I did the same in a situation with a scammer and noticed the feedback vanished after the refund was issued. IMO eBay is contributing to their own demise with these feedback manipulating and sheltering tactics. Directly related to my last post, not ridding themselves of bad actors on the platform raises the costs to do business on the platform. Eventually eBay is going to get so expensive no one will use them, and as I know is already happening in some specific collectibles markets, new marketplaces (and Amazon) are seeing a surge in demand for "somewhere cheaper than eBay" to buy/sell. Amazon has increasingly developed its own set of pitfalls, but I digress.

I suspected the seller simply changed their mind about selling after they had the money.
Sellers remorse? I had that happen a few times, usually on auctions that I won on the first bid. The seller would say something like it will be too expensive to ship to your location, or some other excuse. In each case I simply reminded them that I won the auction fair and square and was not at all concerned about the "high" shipping cost, In each case the seller relented without having to involve eBay.

I checked, my feedback is there with his other feedback. He's only sold 13 items and has two negatives! I didn't care to look at feedback when I bid because I didn't expect to win it. The other negative is nearly identical to mine, no communication at all from seller.
Yeah, sellers remorse is possible, or he's selling stolen goods and got caught. Some kind of scam for sure since they didn't even try to explain. Who knows. Don't know, don't care.
Luckily most people are "normal" when it comes to stuff like this!

Luckily most people are "normal" when it comes to stuff like this!
True, as buyer and seller I'd say 99% of my transactions on eBay are problem free. In the few instances something comes up, everyone seems willing to work something out. Just the other day I received something that was in poorer condition than expected and no mention in the auction details, so I requested a return/refund and the seller just refunded with no return necessary. $65 item so that was quite the voluntary hit for the seller.

Back