Dance: Tiesto - Elements Of Life (HFPA 96/24 DTS-HD MA 5.1 and Auro 3D) - Dec. 2014

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did mention somewhere on here before if someone hasn't got a capable centre speaker or the sub isn't setup in their system properly they'd wonder where the bass got to on some tracks as a lot of that doof-ing is in the centre channel..! :D

Edit: It reminds me of that Paul Van Dyk DVD (not the SACD) which is in 5.1 with a lot of doof-doof-ing etc in the centre (what's it called again? Mike? Help!)

I have my speakers set to small and everything below 150 hz goes to my sub so maybe the doof thing sounds less disturbing on my system because of that? :confused:

I have my speakers set to small and everything below 150 hz goes to my sub so maybe the doof thing sounds less disturbing on my system because of that? :confused:

Got Ya! :) Crossover does sound a tad high unless you've a sub/sat setup.. what kind of speakers are you running as your Mains/Front L&R and what's their spec.?

Got Ya! :) Crossover does sound a tad high unless you've a sub/sat setup.. what kind of speakers are you running as your Mains/Front L&R and what's their spec.?

file:///D:/Mijn%20Documenten/Teufel/Columa%20300%20Set%20L/columa-300-set-l-p5848.html

Sorry, most of it is in dutch, couldn't find the english version but I think you will understand the specs.

file:///D:/Mijn%20Documenten/Teufel/Columa%20300%20Set%20L/columa-300-set-l-p5848.html

Sorry, most of it is in dutch, couldn't find the english version but I think you will understand the specs.

Front Left & Right frequency range is quoted as 140hz to 20khz., so your sub is crossedover correctly I would say (y)

Why did they put out an 8 year old title instead of the newest one A Town Called Paradise (with the excellent Wasted) ?

This is actually a very good mix! I recently bought a blu-ray player and so far have a small collection, Beatles - 1+, bob Marley, primus - sailing the seas of cheese. All 4 are very good, with the Beatles unfortunately being the worst of the lot :(

This is actually a very good mix! I recently bought a blu-ray player and so far have a small collection, Beatles - 1+, bob Marley, primus - sailing the seas of cheese. All 4 are very good, with the Beatles unfortunately being the worst of the lot :(
If you want some Beatles, Love has good surround. Yes, there are the mash-ups that some people can't get into; they might not bother you. But there are also full-length (or at least most of the verses) 5.1 versions of I am The Walrus, Something, Here comes the Sun, Come Together, Help, Eleanor Rigby, Back in the USSR, Benefit of Mr. Kite, A Day in the Life, Revolution (fast version), and Strawberry Fields Forever. That's not the complete list but what I can remember off the top of my head.

If you want some Beatles, Love has good surround. Yes, there are the mash-ups that some people can't get into; they might not bother you. But there are also full-length (or at least most of the verses) 5.1 versions of I am The Walrus, Something, Here comes the Sun, Come Together, Help, Eleanor Rigby, Back in the USSR, Benefit of Mr. Kite, A Day in the Life, Revolution (fast version), and Strawberry Fields Forever. That's not the complete list but what I can remember off the top of my head.

Yes, I already have Love in my DVD-A collection. It's quite good, but unfortunately only contains the remixed versions. I wish there was more multi-channel stuff on Blu-Ray audio. Too bad about the Nirvana mixes, I would have loved to pick those up if they were mult-channel. Also disappointed that the Pink Floyd and King Crimson sets are so expensive. I do have the new Pink Floyd Endless River coming in the mail.. looking forward to that. I still feel that the current Blu-Ray audio line-up leaves a lot to be desired. :(

Yes, I already have Love in my DVD-A collection. It's quite good, but unfortunately only contains the remixed versions.
Well, if you are looking for 5.1-versions of older music, it will ALWAYS be a remix.

LOVE is to me the best sounding and best mixed Beatles music ever released.

Great disc if you are in the right mood for this kind of music! Gave my full-range center speaker a good workout throughout :cool: Listened to the 5.1, not the Auro 9.1 audio.

The blu-ray audio is available for a tenner - go, get it.

Back