Dave Grusin's "Mountain Dance" Coming To SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This upcoming (GRP) release on the Japan Tower Records website may fall through the cracks with all of the excitement of upcoming SACDs from MoFi and Analogue Productions. Scheduled for release on 12/7....

Dave Grusin - Morning Dance
Thanks soundboy, but I get a "blocked" page when clicking on your link.

Just might be interested in this Cowboy Dave title (and is it "Morning" and not "Mountain"?)

Curious to know if it was Remastered by Christoph Stickel like the Pat Metheny titles.

This upcoming (GRP) release on the Japan Tower Records website may fall through the cracks with all of the excitement of upcoming SACDs from MoFi and Analogue Productions. Scheduled for release on 12/7....

Dave Grusin - Morning Dance
Surprised it's NOT an EVOSOUND release. BTW, Evosound's SACD output has dropped to a trickle. And Tower Records Japan is such a PITA to order from ...only by proxy through CDJapan and ebay 'scalpers' charge way over list price and are now tacking on a $20 s/h fee. Ridiculous!

A GREAT Grusin album! And Pupster is correct: MOUNTAIN DANCE

See the source image

Surprised it's NOT an EVOSOUND release. BTW, Evosound's SACD output has dropped to a trickle. And Tower Records Japan is such a PITA to order from ...only by proxy through CDJapan and ebay 'scalpers' charge way over list price and are now tacking on a $20 s/h fee. Ridiculous!

A GREAT Grusin album! And Pupster is correct: MOUNTAIN DANCE

See the source image
IDK, I thought maybe it could also be a new release or something 🤷‍♂️

Can you get to the web page?

IDK, I thought maybe it could also be a new release or something 🤷‍♂️

Can you get to the web page?
No, probably because it was erroneously listed as MORNING DANCE! And I meant to say, though D~V which has released some fantastic sounding GRP Stereo SACDs would've released Grusin's MOUNTAIN DANCE and not EVOSOUND which has been releasing the BOB JAMES CATALOGUE on SACD!

Last edited:
Link in original post fixed.

For some reason, I was thinking of Spyro Gyra's "Morning Dance" album.
Thanks!

From the web page-

* Sound source used and mastering:
・Direct DSD digitization from analog master
・CD layer newly created from this DSD sound source
・Mastering engineer: Mr. Kazushige Yamazaki (FLAIR)
August 2022 ~ September Mastering at Victor Studio

Thanks!

From the web page-

* Sound source used and mastering:
・Direct DSD digitization from analog master
・CD layer newly created from this DSD sound source
・Mastering engineer: Mr. Kazushige Yamazaki (FLAIR)
August 2022 ~ September Mastering at Victor Studio

Checked the Site
Nothing saying it is Multi Channel?

This Japan Stereo SACD is crazy.

No point just do a DSD version

Back