Dave Kerzner -The Traveler (DTS 5.1 Bluray) included in Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed on flac. Very easy way to share and get feedback. I use nuendo so it's an easy export.
Waayyyy easier than mixing in atmos.

Alright because I share this love of the art of surround with you guys I'm going to share with you all exclusively a first listen to a proposed mix of the first track from my album "The Traveler". The song is called "Another Lifetime" and it has a dry upfront vocal in the verses which is an influence on me from my old band mate Kevin Gilbert. So, I blended the lead vocal into the center channel this time which is something I normally don't do but... it does make it a little more 3D and intelligible that way so it all depends on the song to me.

Here's the stereo version of the song in 24bit 96k which you can either stream for free here:

or you can purchase the full 24bit 96k album and really hear it

(also, for what it's worth, since I'm giving you guys a free surround track if you want to support the album by buying a song or one of the versions that would be cool... yet it is optional, as in not required, because this really is a gift with no strings attached).

Ok so I'm just working on converting the 5.1 waves to FLAC now which I've never done so I'll let you know when I have it today or tomorrow.

Last edited:
Hi Dave, will any Arc of Life get mixed in 5.1? I see Don't look down just came out.

It comes out this Friday. But, unfortunately I don't think there will be a 5.1 or any surround release for a variety of reasons. One is that it's mixed by Billy Sherwood and he doesn't mix in surround. Second, it's on a label and whenever that happens there often isn't the same freedom to do alternate versions like vinyl or surround Blu-Ray unless the label wants to. In the case of a surround Blu-Ray, unless the artist would sell many thousands of them, you can understand why a label wouldn't be interested. It's one of the reasons most of my own produced albums are not tied to labels in any way.

A few are though. Luckily my album "Static" which is on Cherry Red I got the green light to do my own surround Blu-Ray of and I will release that next year (in Atmos) on my label RecPlay. But, Sound of Contact's Dimensionaut is on Inside Out and even though that album did very well, I doubt they'll want to spend the money to do a surround mix. I would have done it if I had the rights to do that but I don't own the masters and they're under license so I'm kind of stuck. The only way around it is to do re-records with my own band and mix those in surround which I plan to do next year as well. But, Arc of Life I doubt will ever be done in surround. If it came up I would certainly suggest it though. For what it's worth.

Hi Guys! I've been pretty busy trying to get the Blu-Ray and box sets together for The Traveler. It ended up being way more complicated than it should have been, but, I think it's worth it (at least artistically if not commercially). Anyway, I created a 5.1 24 bit 96k "test" of the first song "Another Lifetime". I haven't had time to explore the best way to get it into Flac format yet (even though you gave some good suggestions thank you). But, instead of waiting for me to get to that point, would you all like a free download of the raw 24 bit 96k 6 channel waves? I could upload them to my dropbox temporarily for you to freely download and mess with. But, what do you think would be better? 6 individual mono files or one 6 channel wave? Maybe one of you can convert it to Flac and send it to me and I'll upload that as well for you to try out on your systems. Let me know what you think! Can your systems play straight PCM Wave files at hi resolution?

Hi Guys! I've been pretty busy trying to get the Blu-Ray and box sets together for The Traveler. It ended up being way more complicated than it should have been, but, I think it's worth it (at least artistically if not commercially). Anyway, I created a 5.1 24 bit 96k "test" of the first song "Another Lifetime". I haven't had time to explore the best way to get it into Flac format yet (even though you gave some good suggestions thank you). But, instead of waiting for me to get to that point, would you all like a free download of the raw 24 bit 96k 6 channel waves? I could upload them to my dropbox temporarily for you to freely download and mess with. But, what do you think would be better? 6 individual mono files or one 6 channel wave? Maybe one of you can convert it to Flac and send it to me and I'll upload that as well for you to try out on your systems. Let me know what you think! Can your systems play straight PCM Wave files at hi resolution?
No problem to convert it for you. I've several tools including the latest Wavelab available. And, yes, 6ch WAV files are playable not only on my DAW. KODi on my Raspberry does the job ;). I do my tests in a similar way before finalizing.

I have found Goldwave to be excellent at converting file formats, although I don’t believe it does DSD, but that doesn’t seem to be a problem with what you’re trying to do.

Yes, I can play .wav files, at least up to 96/24. Well, my Oppo 105 can.

Yes, a single six ch wav file would be best. (I wouldn't know what to do with six mono files.)

My file conversion knowledge is very basic. In case it helps, I simply use Foobar. Then play the converted flac file on my Cambridge player from a portable hard drive.

Excited to be checking it out. And feel rather privileged to be having that opportunity. I regularly provide feedback in a different creative field, and am aware of the importance of respectful, constructive feedback (though any feedback I would provide would be entirely from a music listener perspective).

I received a notification from Bandcamp that my copy was shipped today! What day! Ordered Jethro Tull & 10 years After Blu ray and then shipping notification for The Traveler Special Edition! Fantastic! Let the good times roll!!

For a limited time I've made the Blu-Ray Audio available on its own without any downloads, CDs, laminated passes or stickers etc. Just the surround and hi res stereo plus a commentary track. It's a little higher than the stand alone Blu-Rays will be when I get to them as intended (and they'll have music videos too when released for most of my albums) but that's because it was part of the box sets and has to be fair relative to those who purchased the box sets. I was never planning on selling it on its own but too many people have asked. I'm only going to sell it on its own for a short time though as it will eventually be replaced by a different stand alone Blu-Ray with Atmos, videos and other content (different 5.1 mix if there is one at all on the replacement). So, if you want 24 bit/96k DTS HD Master Audio quality (audiophile) and 24/96 stereo then you can get it on its own The Traveler Special Edition Blu-Ray Audio (1 Blu-Ray Disc) from Dave Kerzner & Sonic Elements (and you can still use the discount code: squids10 to save 10% off)

I am still giving all of you a 6 channel wave of the first song on it called "Another Lifetime". I might upload that this weekend actually. I'll let you know!

TheTravelerBoxSetContents.jpeg

Back