David Bowie Ziggy MoPi 50th - 2CD/Blu-Ray set in August!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supposedly my copy has been sitting with DHL since August 10th.

When I check that shipping number :

Is this normal for jpc? I've only ordered from them once before.

I'm in the same boat. Tracking says it was picked up by DHL on the 8th. No tracking entries after that. I've only had 1 other delivery from DHL and they were VERY slow... I'm thinking it may still be quite a while. But I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.

Update on orders from JPC:

Thank you for contacting our customer service.

We are very sorry that you have to wait longer than usual for the delivery of your order.

Your order was sent as a letter or merchandise shipment, unfortunately a tracking number is not provided for these, which makes it difficult to track.
Usually, these shipments are delivered within 1-3 business days. However, according to our experience, a delivery can sometimes be delayed by 21-28 days.

If you still have not received the delivery after this period, please let us know. We will then arrange an investigation and send you a replacement delivery if requested.

If you have any further questions, suggestions or requests, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Sonja Butke

Looks like they've changed their shipping method. I've always received a DHL tracking link when the order has shipped. If this happens with The Big Express, JPC's lower cost won't be worth the hassle.

it's unbelievable to me how huge of a price gap there is right now between amazon US and amazon UK on this release.
amazon US is $64.99
amazon UK is 18.99 (British pounds)
even with the conversion from pounds to $, it's still a massive difference
Amazon price is £23.37 - has it gone up?

We are very sorry that you have to wait longer than usual for the delivery of your order.

Your order was sent as a letter or merchandise shipment, unfortunately a tracking number is not provided for these, which makes it difficult to track.
Usually, these shipments are delivered within 1-3 business days. However, according to our experience, a delivery can sometimes be delayed by 21-28 days.

If you still have not received the delivery after this period, please let us know. We will then arrange an investigation and send you a replacement delivery if requested.

If you have any further questions, suggestions or requests, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Sonja Butke

Looks like they've changed their shipping method. I've always received a DHL tracking link when the order has shipped. If this happens with The Big Express, JPC's lower cost won't be worth the hassle.
Yep, 8/10 DHL got the package and no way for me to track it past that handshake and see when it might arrive.
JPC has been great with everything else I have ever ordered but I agree the price delta may have to be higher in the future to continue to purchase from them.

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Sonja Butke

I got something similar. I agree, I'll cancel XTC if this is not resolved. I don't mind waiting, it is more the uncertainty of where the shipment is that bothers me.

Just got it in great sound mix grainy film on the dark side oh well. Got to show my son what this David Bowie guy was.
Saved the last 15 minutes for tonight. A young looking Ringo sitting in the dressing room.
Wish I could have found my old platform shoes to wear for this.......maybe Ill borrow @Clement shoes.

Just got it in great sound mix grainy film on the dark side oh well. Got to show my son what this David Bowie guy was.
Saved the last 15 minutes for tonight. A young looking Ringo sitting in the dressing room.
Wish I could have found my old platform shoes to wear for this.......maybe Ill borrow @Clement shoes.

The PQ was greatly improved. I recorded this once on my DVR and it was unwatchable. Granted, there's cable compression making it worse than it was in actuality, but I was very happy with what I saw on the new disc- was expecting it might be worse. The SQ is what really matters and it shines there.

A friend of mine had a party the night this was broadcast on ABC-TV In Concert in October 1974 and simulcast on FM stereo. By that time we had all known that it wasn't Bowie who had retired, but Ziggy had. The finale was riveting. I haven't seen it since then! It looks much better now on a 55" screen in higher resolution!

ok i already have this on dvd...worth the upgrade? i mean sonically, big improvement? anybody compared ? thanks

Back