David Bowie Ziggy MoPi 50th - 2CD/Blu-Ray set in August!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
https://www.davidbowie.com/blog/202...cd-amp-blu-ray-2cd-2lp-gold-vinyl-and-digital
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C6R7QSMJ
DAVID BOWIE - ZIGGY STARDUST AND THE SPIDERS FROM MARS - THE MOTION PICTURE - 50th ANNIVERSARY

THE LEGENDARY LAST EVER ZIGGY STARDUST SHOW IS TO BE MADE AVAILABLE IN FULL FOR THE FIRST TIME DIGITALLY RESTORED WITH REMASTERED AUDIO

2CD & BLU-RAY, 2CD, 2LP LIMITED EDITION GOLD VINYL SET AND DIGITAL (STANDARD 44.1KHZ/16BIT AND 96KHZ/24BIT)

RELEASED 11TH AUGUST

AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER
HERE NOW

“Of all the shows on this tour, this particular show will remain with us the longest, because not only is it the last show of the tour, but it's the last show that we'll ever do.” David Bowie, 1973

“A truly great star knows not only how to make a grand entrance, but a grand exit.”

Charles Shaar Murray 2023

3rd July, 1973 - David Bowie retired Ziggy Stardust, his most famous alter-ego, in front of 5000 stunned fans at London’s Hammersmith Odeon. Now, the fully restored film and soundtrack will be released for the first time for the 50th anniversary of the show. Renowned filmmaker D.A. Pennebaker (Monterey Pop, Bob Dylan - Don’t Look Back, Depeche Mode - 101) captured the momentous event by filming Bowie and The Spiders From Mars backstage and onstage. The digital restoration of the new version of the film has been overseen by his son, Frazer Pennebaker with remastered audio.

Although filmed 50 years ago, the film was not widely seen for over a decade. However, the film and its soundtrack have been newly remastered with the medley of ‘The Jean Genie/Love Me Do’ medley and ‘Round And Round’ featuring the late legendary Jeff Beck reinstated - the latter track making its very first appearance anywhere. Both performances were newly mixed by long-time Bowie collaborator Tony Visconti.

The show featured Bowie’s famous speech just before the final encore, ‘Rock ‘n’ Roll Suicide’, where he revealed that he was retiring the Ziggy Stardust persona. The shocking announcement came as a surprise to all in attendance – including members of his band and was the first proclamation of its kind in rock and roll.

DAVID BOWIE

ZIGGY STARDUST AND THE SPIDERS FROM MARS: THE MOTION PICTURE

50th ANNIVERSARY

Blu-Ray

Opening Credits/Introduction

Hang On To Yourself

Ziggy Stardust

Watch That Man

Wild Eyed Boy From Freecloud

All The Young Dudes

Oh! You Pretty Things

Moonage Daydream

Changes

Space Oddity

My Death

Cracked Actor

Time

The Width Of A Circle

Let's Spend the Night Together

Suffragette City

White Light/White Heat

Medley: The Jean Genie / Love Me Do / The Jean Genie (feat. Jeff Beck)

Round And Round (feat. Jeff Beck)

Farewell Speech

Rock 'n' Roll Suicide

End Credits

Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 – 48kHz/24bit, PCM Stereo – 48kHz/24bit, Aspect Ratio – 4:3. All Regions. Exempt from classification.

5.1 Surround sound music mix by Tony Visconti, assisted by Rich Tozzoli/Gizmo Enterprises. Stereo mix by Tony Visconti.

‘The Jean Genie/Love Me Do’ medley and ‘Round And Round’ stereo: mixed and engineered by Tony Visconti, 5.1: mixed by Tony Visconti, engineered by Jannek Zechner

CD

Disc 1

Introduction Part 1

Hang On To Yourself

Ziggy Stardust

Watch That Man

All The Young Dudes

Oh! You Pretty Things

Moonage Daydream

Changes

Space Oddity

My Death

Disc 2

Cracked Actor

Time

The Width Of A Circle

Suffragette City

White Light/White Heat

Farewell Speech

Rock 'n' Roll Suicide

Vinyl

Side 1

Introduction

Hang On To Yourself

Ziggy Stardust

Watch That Man

All The Young Dudes

Oh! You Pretty Things

Moonage Daydream

Side 2

Changes

Space Oddity

My Death

Cracked Actor

Time

Side 3

The Width Of A Circle

Let’s Spend The Night Together

Suffragette City

Side 4

White Light/White Heat

Farewell Speech

Rock ‘n’ Roll Suicide

Digital (standard 44.1kHz/16bit resolution and 96kHz/24bit resolution)

Hang On To Yourself

Ziggy Stardust

Watch That Man

All The Young Dudes

Oh! You Pretty Things

Moonage Daydream

Changes

Space Oddity

My Death

Cracked Actor

Time

The Width Of A Circle

Suffragette City

White Light/White Heat

Farewell Speech

Rock 'n' Roll Suicide

Mastering and remastering by John Webber at AIR Studios, London

ziggy_mopi_product_01_1080sq.jpg

71RFWoT9TLL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Me too! Translates to $28.34 shipped...great price.
Me as well! I never ordered from jpc before. I used the link above and the German text threw me off a bit! \
WIll they honor this price? At $60 I was just going to wait to see if it would come down eventually but I didn't want to miss out on this for <$30!

Me as well! I never ordered from jpc before. I used the link above and the German text threw me off a bit! \
WIll they honor this price? At $60 I was just going to wait to see if it would come down eventually but I didn't want to miss out on this for <$30!
I've ordered many times from JPC over the past five years or so. Never had a problem. Fast shipping, nothing cracked or broken, good communication. You can switch their website (but not their emails--you'll have to use Google Translate on those) to English if you want. They also remove VAT at checkout for non-EU residents, so the final price will be even cheaper. Satisfied customer.

Back