David Crosby dies aged 81

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Graham on facebook:

"It is with a deep and profound sadness that I learned that my friend David Crosby has passed. I know people tend to focus on how volatile our relationship has been at times, but what has always mattered to David and me more than anything was the pure joy of the music we created together, the sound we discovered with one another, and the deep friendship we shared over all these many long years. David was fearless in life and in music. He leaves behind a tremendous void as far as sheer personality and talent in this world. He spoke his mind, his heart, and his passion through his beautiful music and leaves an incredible legacy. These are the things that matter most. My heart is truly with his wife, Jan, his son, Django, and all of the people he has touched in this world."

listening now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    843.5 KB · Views: 0
We're rapidly losing some of the greats & famous in the music-world from the 60's on. I thought last yr had big losses. It's just mid-Jan with Jeff Beck & Marie Pressley last week & David Crosby this week.

From The Byrds & CSN(&Y) to solo work, he left a big mark in music. Including songs like Wooden Ships he co-wrote with members of Jefferson Airplane and performed by them as well as CSN. And Triad, written by him, sung by Grace Slick on the JA album Crown of Creation.

So many have enjoyed all this music over the decades.

From Graham on facebook:

"It is with a deep and profound sadness that I learned that my friend David Crosby has passed. I know people tend to focus on how volatile our relationship has been at times, but what has always mattered to David and me more than anything was the pure joy of the music we created together, the sound we discovered with one another, and the deep friendship we shared over all these many long years. David was fearless in life and in music. He leaves behind a tremendous void as far as sheer personality and talent in this world. He spoke his mind, his heart, and his passion through his beautiful music and leaves an incredible legacy. These are the things that matter most. My heart is truly with his wife, Jan, his son, Django, and all of the people he has touched in this world."

Wally Heider studio recording first CSN album March 1969 (Joni, Judy Collins)

1674178402771.png

Back