David Crosby - Live at the Capital Theatre

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

César

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Hi,

There's a CD+DVD version of this concert already released in some countries (in Spain it'll be released on Dec. 23rd).
After listening to it in Apple Music in stereo (stunning concert, BTW), I made a search on Discogs and the DVD is labelled as multichannel.
Does anyone have it? If so, can you comment about the mix?

Thanks!

Hi,

There's a CD+DVD version of this concert already released in some countries (in Spain it'll be released on Dec. 23rd).
After listening to it in Apple Music in stereo (stunning concert, BTW), I made a search on Discogs and the DVD is labelled as multichannel.
Does anyone have it? If so, can you comment about the mix?

Thanks!
I have it. Haven't had a chance to watch the DVD yet, but the CD sounded great in the car. I'm a big fan of Becca Stevens and Michelle Willis, and to a lesser extent, Michael League. This "Lighthouse" Band is really something special.

I received mine today. Negative: 5.1 is just in Dolby. Positive: interesting mix, despite of the sparse instrumentation. Harmonies are on the rears, to a nice effect.
Beautiful record and quite cheap. Recommendable.
Interestingly enough, the Capitol Theater is a 10 minute drive from my house. How'd I miss that one? The theater was originally a Vaudeville theater constructed in the 20's and over the years has been host to the Jefferson Airplane, Grateful Dead, The Doors and the who's who of Rock icons. It has been praised for its excellent acoustical properties by the Rolling Stones, David Bowie, et alia. When I was a kid it was a movie theater charging all of 25 cents for a double feature, 10 cartoons and a newsreel not to mention 10 cent buttered popcorn. Those WERE the days!

71tqnuY209L._SL1500_.jpg

See the source image

See the source image

Last edited:
Back