David Miles Huber: Parallax Eden HFPA Blu-ray in 2.0, 5.1 & 9.1 Coming September 2015

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the David Miles Huber - Chamberland DTS CD

The mix is very good.

Haha, yes the more the merrier.

Jim has mixed a live recording of Natty Nation, see the topic here, https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...ve-At-The-UW-Terrace-surround-mix-in-bandcamp He tries to get artists he works with into surround and release hi res stereo and surround. So we might get more from Jim in the future.

I will try to get in touch with David Miles Huber and see if he is interested to share his thoughts on surround with us.

Fantastic! Many thanks on all counts!

Shall we we start a new QQ thread about this artists' existing surround DTS CD mixes?
(Unless there is one already??) :eek:

Oh this is getting more exciting by the minute! :p

Ps. Did you download jimfisheye's Contrabando surround mix on bandcamp yet Mike?
Not yet but I will...

IIRC - Parallax has already been released on DTS CD

Not yet but I will...

IIRC - Parallax has already been released on DTS CD

I hope you like Contrabando! I had a big smile on my face (once I'd downloaded the right files! :eek: Thank you Robert!)

Oh.. Am I behind the times or what..!! :D

I wonder if the 5.1 on this upcoming BD will be recycled from that Parallax DTS CD or a brand new remix?
Seeing as there's a 9.1 mix included one would hope the 5.1 Parallax on BD is new and derived from that..!?

There seem to be four different mixes on this Blu-ray. Two are stereo, one 5.1 and the Aero 9.1. Listening to that one now. Very chill.

Okay, I've listened to this twice. I only have a 7.1 set up and I'm not exactly sure how the 9.1 fold-down works, but having said that, I can see how this would be a good choice for 9.1 given how immersive and atmospheric it is. This is very chill, but with enough distorted voices and sound effects to not be ambient. The Berlin Mix in particular can be a bit jarring. It reminds me a bit of the Cornelius mixes although not as aggressive. I don't think this will blow anyone away, but I'll play it from time to time late night as I'm drifiting off. So, I'm pleased, but not I can't universally recommend to folks who don't already like this sort of music.

Last edited:
There seem to be four different mixes on this Blu-ray. Two are stereo, one 5.1 and the Aero 9.1. Listening to that one now. Very chill.

Okay, I've listened to this twice. I only have a 7.1 set up and I'm not exactly sure how the 9.1 fold-down works, but having said that, I can see how this would be a good choice for 9.1 given how immersive and atmospheric it is. This is very chill, but with enough distorted voices and sound effects to not be ambient. The Berlin Mix in particular can be a bit jarring. It reminds me a bit of the Cornelius mixes although not as aggressive. I don't think this will blow anyone away, but I'll play it from time to time late night as I'm drifiting off. So, I'm pleased, but not I can't universally recommend to folks who don't already like this sort of music.

IIRC - Unless you have a proper 9.1 set-up you'll be listening to a 5.1 folddown..

Berlin remix - 5.1 DTS HD MA. Used dsp "enhanced" setting to add the height speakers.
MVIMG_20200117_162642.jpg

Back