HiRez Poll Davis, Miles - BITCHES BREW [SACD-JAPAN]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Miles Davis - BITCHES BREW

• Total voters
I'll say it again, this one is a rare breath of fresh air with flawless mastering. The mix is presented with no damage whatsoever.

A very heady mix that pretty much requires the surround mix to even be able to start picking all the details apart.

All right, I'm gonna get it. You see, that's my problem. I figure that every great surround sound disc has been reviewed in a poll on this forum. I should just start asking people.

Well, you guys are all going to get your wrists slapped for taking another poll thread off-topic. :ROFLMAO:
Gotta love this place.

While we're being naughty, I'd like to add that In A Silent Way is excellent, but too short, especially with the repeat edit.
If you dig this album, consider the stereo RBDC companion Complete Sessions box set.

Miles Davis - The Complete In A Silent Way Sessions

FYI...if you really like Bitches Brew, don't miss the Deep Brew volumes 1 and 2 bootlegs. They're the studio tapes while the album was being made. Absolutely superb fidelity, and there's a lot of unreleased takes of the songs on the album. I last saw it on Trader's Den, but I can send anyone a copy if you PM me. I would rate these as essential if you like the album.

Dang. What I'd give to hear this. Especially that 27-minute version of "Right Off."

Revisiting this after picking up a cheap used copy of The Complete Jack Johnson Sessions on the road recently. Sure wish they'd let those surround mixes out of the can. Sony sneaked a bunch of old quads into their "Sony 360s" released on Tidal. Why not this 5.1 version of Jack Johnson?

Last edited:
Revisiting this after picking up a cheap used copy of The Complete Jack Johnson Sessions on the road recently. Sure wish they'd let those surround mixes out of the can. Sony sneaked a bunch of old quads into their "Sony 360" released on Tidal. Why not this 5.1 version of Jack Johnson?
They did??? OMG, what titles are now out in quad on TIDAL?

Well, not in quad, exactly. Sorry to speak so loosely and overstate the case. But the quad core is buried in the Sony 360 streams. Discussion in the threads that @sjcorne linked to.
I see, I see. The info is there. Sony 360 is meant for headphones, and, for me, compared to the stereo master alternative, I think it sounds like shit.
If Quad info can be extracted, cool! But too much work, for me...

Back