HiRez Poll Davis, Miles - BITCHES BREW [SACD-JAPAN]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Rate the SACD of Miles Davis - BITCHES BREW

• Total voters

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
This album on SACD as a double disc set was not double the price of my other Japan 7" series SACDs. It was the "Nice Price"
Specially Priced 2-Albums for the Price of One.

newslane

QQ Supporter
Have been listening to this album for a few decades, but it never really clicked for me in stereo.
Got this Sony quad version today and to my brain, it all makes sense now !
I voted 9 ( it REALLY is a historic recording )
Track down the two in-studio "Deep Brew" bootlegs. Excellent fidelity, with many minutes of unreleased music.

Tim7099

Have been listening to this album for a few decades, but it never really clicked for me in stereo.
Got this Sony quad version today and to my brain, it all makes sense now !
I voted 9 ( it REALLY is a historic recording )
Not SACD but just out of interest I have the Columbia Legacy CD release C2K 65774 which states that it is a bright new re-mix, which is interesting as it is most definitely and clearly full SQ. I haven't compared it back to back with the vinyl album so I can't say for sure if the mix is bright and new but Quad it most certainly is :)

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Not SACD but just out of interest I have the Columbia Legacy CD release C2K 65774 which states that it is a bright new re-mix, which is interesting as it is most definitely and clearly full SQ. I haven't compared it back to back with the vinyl album so I can't say for sure if the mix is bright and new but Quad it most certainly is :)
Let us know the results of your comparisons. I'm always keen to know of SQ matrix encoded CD'S . (as are others)

Tim7099

Let us know the results of your comparisons. I'm always keen to know of SQ matrix encoded CD'S . (as are others)
Initial impression is of greater brightness and clarity but I was troubled by excessive pumping of the rear channels from the SQD2020 so will have another go through the EMI SQ1500 which is a basic decoder and doesn't have such tricks in it's repertoire :)