HiRez Poll Davis, Miles - BITCHES BREW [SACD-JAPAN]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Miles Davis - BITCHES BREW

• Total voters
Of which one(s), @ssully? On the Corner, Jack Johnson, or In a Silent Way (other than the 2002 SACD)?

Jack Johnson - it's mentioned in the liners of the 5CD box that came out in 2005. I wonder why this was canned? (or better yet, why did they do the new mixes in DSD only to release them on regular CDs?)

Jack Johnson Box Credits.jpg

Last edited:
Well I received the package yesterday. First off super cool design.

I’ve always been a classic rock, 90’s alternative guy growing up in that era. I’ve always appreciated classical and jazz and the like but never really listened to much, only buying some classical 5.1 discs because they had songs I knew.

I had just bought the latest MOFI SACD’s of Monks Dream and Charles Mingus and really enjoyed them especially the Mingus. I then came across this thread and with it being quad, took a quick listen and was like holy shit, sounded cool so I ordered, I have always been into psychedelic music and this had that upon the quick listen.

Needless to say I’m super happy I ordered it, the disc sounds great and the music is very cool, the presentation of packaging i also love. Reading about the Album while listening really opens up my imagination of what was happening at the time, love it.

Is all Miles Davis like this? I’m going to venture into some more MOFI, and surround jazz and really like this style. Any other suggestions?

I’ve always been a classic rock, 90’s alternative guy growing up in that era. I’ve always appreciated classical and jazz and the like but never really listened to much, only buying some classical 5.1 discs because they had songs I knew.

I had just bought the latest MOFI SACD’s of Monks Dream and Charles Mingus and really enjoyed them especially the Mingus. I then came across this thread and with it being quad, took a quick listen and was like holy shit, sounded cool so I ordered, I have always been into psychedelic music and this had that upon the quick listen.

Needless to say I’m super happy I ordered it, the disc sounds great and the music is very cool, the presentation of packaging i also love. Reading about the Album while listening really opens up my imagination of what was happening at the time, love it.

Is all Miles Davis like this? I’m going to venture into some more MOFI, and surround jazz and really like this style. Any other suggestions?
check out @edisonbaggins Life in Surround episode

For Miles, get In A Silent Way. It took me way too long to realize how good it is. The title is misleading. Nothing silent about it. If you dig it then move on to Live-Evil. Both titles are beyond amazing.

Herbie Hancock Headhunters, Billy Cobham Spectrum SACD quad mix (not the 5.1 DVDA) and Birds of Fire by Mahavishnu Orchestra should be next on your list.

For Miles, get In A Silent Way. It took me way too long to realize how good it is. The title is misleading. Nothing silent about it. If you dig it then move on to Live-Evil. Both titles are beyond amazing.

Herbie Hancock Headhunters, Billy Cobham Spectrum SACD quad mix (not the 5.1 DVDA) and Birds of Fire by Mahavishnu Orchestra should be next on your list.
Been listening to that Billy Cobham man that’s good stuff. Gonna have to get that quad 😬

Been listening to that Billy Cobham man that’s good stuff. Gonna have to get that quad 😬
Hadn’t listened to Headhunters yet and gave that a try, wow even i like this even better. Ordered the quad SACD can’t wait for this one! Thanks again for pointing me towards these artists/albums. I was only ever a rock guy, I feel a little silly Im now just listening to this stuff.

Last edited:
As I mentioned earlier in this thread - this is my fave quad mix for any album. Now I own both the first Santana disc in quad, and the Doobies Quadio box - and even though both currently rank higher on our polls than Bitches Brew, there's NO WAY they sound better.
Plus, the mix is f*#king NUTS :SB

Plus, the mix is f*#king NUTS :SB
Yeah, but it's an album with a loud soundscape, instruments all over the place, etc. The mix is perfect for this LP. Way better than the surround mix for Live Evil. Hope they do other Miles albums from that era soon. Jack Johnson, In a Silent Way, On the Corner...

Back