decoder/amplifier from Japan

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is bog standard Kenwood/Trio with a Japanese only moniker. It has come up for over a month and no takers. Probably useless separation, but as a curiosity and display item it would be cool. The rise is shipping rates has stopped me buying curiosities. I also live in a somewaht small 1 bedroom apartment that had to house a quad system and software. Soon I will sleep on the balcony. šŸ˜² I enjoy surfing Japanese Yahoo Auctions to see what is out there and to learn, but my buying has slowed down.

Yeah I guess the shipping would be killer. I had several Kenwoods in the 70's, loved them. No fancy separation like the QS Sansui's but solid units.

But anyway, shipping: It's getting where when I order pc wire crimp pins/connectors from the opposite side of Florida it costs as much/more for shipping as the parts anymore.
I used to ship used pc parts/motherboards all over this side of the world but not anymore. But to be fair, usually was handled by their shipping company to get to South Am/Mexico etc.

Back when shipping was more affordable, I bought my Sansui QSD-1 and QS-D1000 for very reasonable prices. Shipping was still more than thesale price, but total was cheaper by a landslide than ePay. Now even shipping an LP is between $15 and 30, on top of whatever the selling price is. I also bought some Technics and Victor quad gear and various cartridges. Deals can be had but not near as often if shipping is factored in.

Back