Def Leppard - Diamond Star Halos (SW Atmos mix; SDE exclusive blu-ray in February 2024)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's weird is I thought I remembered a 'Kick' Atmos mix appearing on Tidal and presumably Apple as well and now the Tidal one seems to have gone away.

Thanks for the link, the first two singles are really catchy! The Atmos mix (played on a 5.1 system for now) reminds me a lot of what was done for Guns 'n' Roses' Appetite For Destruction, lots of double-tracked/backing vocals and percussion in the rears plus the occasional guitar lick. It's pretty dynamic but the overall fidelity is not stellar for me, the cymbals throughout the second track in particular sound grainy. I'll second the call for a Blu-Ray from SDE, with a dedicated 5.1 mix.

Thanks for the link, the first two singles are really catchy! The Atmos mix (played on a 5.1 system for now) reminds me a lot of what was done for Guns 'n' Roses' Appetite For Destruction, lots of double-tracked/backing vocals and percussion in the rears plus the occasional guitar lick. It's pretty dynamic but the overall fidelity is not stellar for me, the cymbals throughout the second track in particular sound grainy. I'll second the call for a Blu-Ray from SDE, with a dedicated 5.1 mix.

Let's see if Paul is there on Monday...

I've asked SW to tell Paul there's a lot of US interest in getting a BR of this done. At first thought he was not sure it would be Paul's musical bag.

Ugh dont care about Pauls musical taste...He runs a business. This needs physical release.
Yea Def Leppard is an American band...so unless their a UK band no physical...what kind of BS is that???

Y’all know what to do..

Attachments

• 7F41B222-1A8D-4FCB-B603-8731CD74B08C.png
    7F41B222-1A8D-4FCB-B603-8731CD74B08C.png
    298.9 KB · Views: 69
Can I email a request for “Hysteria” in atmos? I’m fairly certain that would sell in big numbers, much more so than this new album

Back