Def Leppard - London to Vegas - BluRay with DTS HD 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone going to get this? The box is $80 on Amazon US. I still have no idea if this is in surround or just stereo. Anyone? Bueller, Bueller, Bueller?

Mute Panther aka Def Leppard

Review at blu-ray.com

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Def-Leppard-London-to-Vegas-Blu-ray/264748/#Review
Review quote: "I personally found the mixes on the Blu-ray discs not always to my liking, but audio fidelity itself is fine, as is overall video quality."

Regretfully, for awhile now, Joe Elliott's voice it's not the same so I would not pay more than $25.00 usd for this title but that's just me.

Regards,

Last edited:
My copy arrived today and now watching Live At The O2, Blu Ray 5.1 DTS HD Mstr 24/48.
Very nice box set, 4 CD's and two Blu rays.
The book is photos only. The music is one show in London and Las Vegas.
London is Hysteria in it's entirety.
Las Vegas is Greatest Hits.
Phil Collen has his shirt off and sweaty by end of first track.
Video is stunning.
One of the best live surround discs I have heard, actually has , I'll call it weak discrete in 5 channels, definitely discrete but not huge like a studio recording. Rocketman best shows off the discrete live performance, so far haven't watched it all.
Glad I have it.
81TdXks-sYL._SX522_.jpg

Vegas Blu Ray, video is better than London, I think because of a smaller venue. But both videos are perfect.
Audio of Vegas, huge disappointment compared to London and I certainly don't know why.

Just got it today. Popped in Hysteria in London, as that is my all time favorite Lep album and it doesn't disappoint. I'm honestly impressed with Joe's voice. He's OLD! And of course singers don't hit every high note like they do on the albums, especially as they get older, but he hits a ton of high stuff. I'm on Don't Shoot Shotgun and he's doing fine. To my ear (not a musician) the only song they've lowered is Love Bites, and frankly they were doing that in the 90s, so...

I think the picture is GREAT! The audio.... it's fine, but it seems sort of lacking in high end detail. Some songs put Phil's guitar towards the right and Viv's towards the left, which I prefer. Wish there was more surround content, especially with the tracked effects and samples. Still, sounds fine.

Got this the other day. Listened to a couple tracks on each. I'm not impressed, at all. Elliot's voice is buried in alot of the music, and for good reason. I isolated just the center channel in Audacity to see if it was as bad as I was hearing. Worse. The playing sounds good, I'm just struggling with Joe's voice. Certainly not something to listen to cranked up, imo.

Got this the other day. Listened to a couple tracks on each. I'm not impressed, at all. Elliott's voice is buried in a lot of the music, and for good reason. I isolated just the center channel in Audacity to see if it was as bad as I was hearing. Worse. The playing sounds good, I'm just struggling with Joe's voice. Certainly not something to listen to cranked up, imo.

Agree 100% about Joe Elliott's voice.

In your opinion, over all which concert sound is better, London or Vegas?

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Last edited:
Agree 100% about Joe Elliott's voice.

In your opinion, over all which concert sound is better, London or Vegas?

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Sorry, took a while for me to get back to these two discs. No, I don't really find the sound better, except for Joe's voice. I think that has more to do with the music played on the two diff dates though. Joe doesn't have to hit as many high notes in the Hysteria stuff vs the older Pyro and HighnDry stuff. Plus I think his voice is a little more forward on the Vegas disc vs the Hysteria(London) disc which makes his vocal issues more prominent. Was really hoping the Vegas disc was going to be top notch, ugh, main reason I bought the set.

Back