Definitive list of David Bowie in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I briefly spoke to Mr. Visconti when he visited Phoenixville PA while on tour with Holy Holy. He confirmed that Lodger in 5.1 is in coming.

Cheers, Michael

That's excellent news (amidst the great sadness over Bowie's death it helps a bit to hear some good news for a change) thank you for sharing the info with us.

Did Mr.Visconti mention anything about the 5.1 mix of "Low" he completed some years ago, also?

That's excellent news (amidst the great sadness over Bowie's death it helps a bit to hear some good news for a change) thank you for sharing the info with us.

Did Mr.Visconti mention anything about the 5.1 mix of "Low" he completed some years ago, also?

Very good question! If they're open to a suggestion, why not get Heroes done as well and release them together in a Berlin Trilogy 5.1 set instead of some big fancy box. Lodger has tons of potential for a great 5.1 mix so I'll be more than happy if it sees a release.

I briefly spoke to Mr. Visconti when he visited Phoenixville PA while on tour with Holy Holy. He confirmed that Lodger in 5.1 is in coming.

Cheers, Michael

That's a...curious choice, of the Berlin trilogy.

I hope the other two are also being considered.

That's a...curious choice, of the Berlin trilogy.

I hope the other two are also being considered.

Look a little further in this thread. Adam (fredblue) also says that Visconti completed a 5.1 mix of "Low" years ago that has never been released. So that would just leave "Heroes", unless somebody also knows something we don't know about a completed 5.1 mix of that album that's also languishing… ;)

Look a little further in this thread. Adam (fredblue) also says that Visconti completed a 5.1 mix of "Low" years ago that has never been released. So that would just leave "Heroes", unless somebody also knows something we don't know about a completed 5.1 mix of that album that's also languishing… ;)

"We could be Aero's.. just for one Milky Way"

(what an "hilarious" pun, with a confectionery-based twist! :ugham: )

I wonder if anybody has created a surround mix for the song "Jump They Say". That track was released as a CD-R with various stems so that the user could make their own mix of the song.

"The CD lets you edit your own "Jump They Say" video, mix your own version of the music, or "explore a virtual world of hidden animations, sounds, pictures and other surprises." Actually, none of it was very surprising or interesting, but it was cute. It contains four videos from the album and some interview clips. Review by Sonja Ingeroi. Trivia: On European releases made in Germany, you can access a secret area of the CD-ROM by typing 1994*ION*EURO* while the mouse pointer is over the TV set. Also, on Macintosh versions, the studio area has an 8 track mixing desk, and by leaving the studio area and reentering 3 tims you will find that you are offered the choice of mixing four songs rather than just one. Information courtesy of Dave Priest."

Wasn't certain if that was in surround.The dvd does not state 5.1 on the packaging ? Good to know.:)

Also 1 track from Silverlines "British Invasion" (dvda/dual-dvda)

Fizzy

Yeah, I wasn't certain either because, as you point out, the packaging is devoid of any audio spec other than a DD logo. I found the DVD in my local HMV a couple of years back priced at £4.99 so snapped it up. At that price, I'd have been happy with stereo. But, skip to the options menu and you can choose from DD 5.1 or 2.0 :) And at 30 tracks, it is great value!

Screen Shot 2016-01-20 at 11.17.13.jpg

And this just turned up in the post today... Liking the mix so far :) Sadly, due to my car breaking down in the middle of nowhere on Monday night, I missed out on a copy of the Young Americans CD/DVD :(

12605415_10153805667610499_2764746460851436286_o.jpg

The earliest 5.1 song from Bowie.As I mentioned prior on "British Invasion"(Silverline)

and 2 other pics but the VH1 cd/dvd is mixed by (are you ready, freddie ?).....ThomC .:sun

20160116_193041.jpg20160116_193234.jpg

I pulled out the Concert For New York City DVD yesterday. Bowie plays "Heroes." There's some lead guitar panned to the rear left speaker. When I get a chance I'll have to sit down with the rest of it and see if there's anything interesting going on in any of the other bands' sets.

Check with Philly Bob Squires, he spoke to him more than I did.

Cheers, Michael

Just watched Se7en. Is "The Hearts Filthy Lesson" as it's presented in the end credits in full surround or just upmixed? I'm guessing the latter but some of you guys have a better ear for it than I do.

Cheers, Michael

Thanks for jogging my memory.Back in 02 or 03 it was announced on a dvda website that Bowie's Lodger was mixed in 5.1 and would be released along with a 5.1 mix of Let's Dance.

Now it came to pass that 2 stereo SACD'S of Let's Dance and Scary Monsters were issued instead, but it remains to be seen if the two 5.1 announcements of Lodger and Let's Dance will occur sooner or later.(y):)

There is still hope I think.

Read recently that Bowie loved "Lodger" so maybe that was why it had been chosen for a 5.1 mix by his mate Mr V. I saw Holy Holy in London last year but didn't bump into Mr V. I sent some hints via FB on the Holy Holy page, that Mr V may have read, that we need more 5.1. The Man Who Sold The World (the album that Holy Holy played live) would be heaven in 5.1. Damn i'd even take the Laughing Gnome (i jest).

Any David Bowie albums remixed in 5.1 surround by Tony Visconti would be great as the "Young Americans" 5.1 mix stands high up above all of the others, but the main priority for me is getting those three 'Berlin' albums out in surround. They are the apex of Bowie's creative endeavors in the 70s and offer so many amazing possibilities in surround. Hope Springs Eternal! :)

Thanks for jogging my memory.Back in 02 or 03 it was announced on a dvda website that Bowie's Lodger was mixed in 5.1 and would be released along with a 5.1 mix of Let's Dance.

Now it came to pass that 2 stereo SACD'S of Let's Dance and Scary Monsters were issued instead, but it remains to be seen if the two 5.1 announcements of Lodger and Let's Dance will occur sooner or later.(y):)

There is still hope I think.

You're welcome. I hope that the remixes sitting on some server aren't forgotten. Cheers, Michael

Back