Deleted/Low Stock Surround Sound SACDs at Dutton Vocalion

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Dutton Vocalion's website is showing the Surround Sound SACD from Pure Prairie League as being one of their "Deleted/Low Stock" albums.
Probably a good time to buy a copy if this one is on your "to buy" list.

Dutton Deleted SACDs.png

https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/products.php?cat=1&pg=3

Dutton Vocalion's website is showing the Surround Sound SACD from Pure Prairie League as being one of their "Deleted/Low Stock" albums.
Probably a good time to buy a copy if this one is on your "to buy" list.

View attachment 37414

https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/products.php?cat=1&pg=3

That was quick! I think I got the last copy of this when it was running low back in...October? Shortly afterwards, there was word that they would be manufacturing another batch. If it's sold out already, then good on them!

I'd not be surprised if the "Rock the Boat" album on SACD did not get a repress, but went OOP. I did buy this one when I was buying everything Rock, Pop, or R&B from D/V in an effort to support their Rock/Pop quadraphonic cause.

I'd not be surprised if the "Rock the Boat" album on SACD did not get a repress, but went OOP. I did buy this one when I was buying everything Rock, Pop, or R&B from D/V in an effort to support their Rock/Pop quadraphonic cause.

I'm glad to see that this one is being added to the DV low stock list because I want them to have great success. But I didn't buy this particular title because Rock The Boat was number one on the local radio station for something like 10,000 weeks and they played it constantly...drove me bananas...and not these good @Snood type bananas. :LB:LB:LB

I like to see hit single 45s come out in their quad mixes. Behind Closed Doors, Rose Garden, Rock the Boat, and Disco Lady, etc. it fills in the holes, and helps me recover from AFā€™s ā€œThe Collectionā€ which wasted (some) precious space and licensing dollars on tracks we already had in quad disc on other releases, or soon would have.

So if we get Rock On, and other ā€œone hitā€ quad wonders soon on D/V SACD, I can rest knowing that those efforts done and being done really are the cream of both quad albums and those amazing hit songs of that golden era of rock and pop music.

I know this type of score keeping is not the way many folks look at the releases forthcoming. But I count every album and evey song, looking at what we have gotten and what else we need in the order of importance.

The Sony Hot 100 Quad Spotlight list is a good example of what we have now, and what we still need.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see that this one is being added to the DV low stock list because I want them to have great success. But I didn't buy this particular title because Rock The Boat was number one on the local radio station for something like 10,000 weeks and they played it constantly...drove me bananas...and not these good @Snood type bananas. :LB:LB:LB

i would (gently, to a disco beat) urge you to consider picking it up and you can just skip the track! there's two whole albums with some strong material, much more than just that one song, all in fabulous surround sound šŸŽ¶

i would (gently, to a disco beat) urge you to consider picking it up and you can just skip the track! there's two whole albums with some strong material, much more than just that one song, all in fabulous surround sound šŸŽ¶

What for? Now that I dissed Rock The Boat I've gotten the dreaded earworm which will no doubt last for something like 10,000 weeks. o_O

Re: Hues Corporation...

This title has been out of stock at DV as of a couple of days ago. Thank heavens the pressure is off to buy this one. But now I fear that a repress is in the future. ;)

Back