DeMix pro for making your own 4.0 or 5.1 music from stereo mixes.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New version is out of DeMIX Pro, it's at a bit lower cost, but it's still north of $500!!

https://www.audiosourcere.com/products/
I am very tempted to try the week long trial of this. It needs an iLock deal, but I already have that for Reaper.
Anyone else want to give it a go?

Garry? :)

Thanks Jon. This does look interesting. Expensive though...

I‘ll definitely give it a trial soon.

I’m going to give the RePan plug-in a go. Both Demix versions do the processing in the cloud. So files get uploaded, processed then downloaded. That sounds slow and who knows what happens to the data, although they say is encrypted and deleted on their server.

Edit: I’ve emailed them to clarify the RePan trial limitations. It’s 7 days and 15 minutes. What does 15 min mean?

Last edited:
I’m going to give the RePan plug-in a go. Both Demix versions do the processing in the cloud. So files get uploaded, processed then downloaded. That sounds slow and who knows what happens to the data, although they say is encrypted and deleted on their server.

Edit: I’ve emailed them to clarify the RePan trial limitations. It’s 7 days and 15 minutes. What does 15 min mean?

Ugh! That sounds horrible! Not sure it would be worth it. I totally dislike doing anything that gets done on other peoples servers (in the cloud). I've looked at clouds from both sides now. Illusions, they are.

How are these paid versions better than the free python, spleeter, demucs, open unmix, etc.? Just the convenience of not dealing with the python and command line stuff?

for instance out of everything I’ve tested and demoed the free demucs still has the best drum sound.

Just looked this up for the heck of it to see how much a vst or au plugin was...

Stand alone only? Alright, cool.
$350 : Strike 1
iLoc?! Is it 2003 again? : Strike 2
High speed internet required?! That translates to on line connection required. : Strike 3
That they even offer subscription grifting. : Strike 4

And I'm no longer interested!
Just a little FYI for any other curmudgeons out there. :)

I gave that Spleeter app everyone was talking up some months ago a run through back then. If you like lo-fi mangling and underwater windchime artifacts, you'll like Spleeter. (Yes, high quality settings. Tweaking the AI learn. Yep, all that.)

This stuff is all aimed at karaoke where fidelity is meaningless.
I'll still check them out though. At the same time the AI is getting better and there may be little spot uses that work out. One of these days we'll have full Star Trek abilities.

Someone mentioned iZotopeRX
I use this. I've edited things apart (unmixed that is) before and achieved perfect results. Takes a minute. This spectral editor is a heavyweight!

Back