DENON AVR-X2600H - Any thoughts?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! I had Pioneer Elite stuff before. I'm still not inclined to go all-in on a new receiver. Today that's not really a realistic requirement without lots of funds.

That Pioneer Elite is a great bang for buck. I have an older one and is still better than most newer ones with regards to inputs, sounds, outputs, etc. Only things lacking are Atmos and new 4k stuff. But that didn't exist when it was released. I like the sound of Pioneer. I went with a Denon for an upgrade, based upon tons of research. Mainly the quality of sound it is claimed to have. Apparently, Pioneer is pretty good too, because I can't tell the difference for the hundreds less the Pioneer cost. Jon may want to seriously consider that.

Jon,

Here's my new Pioneer Elite toy as part of my rack. Tomorrow will arrive my new 4 speakers (front high and ceiling) for Dolby Atmos and DTS: X so the set up would be complete this coming weekend.

dAsOGf4.jpg

vDnW6qb.jpg

L8jzq5p.jpg

OuKAyvT.jpg

1WBjePG.jpg

Last night played John Wick: Chapter One. The sound without the full Dolby Atmos set up complete is amazing!!!!!!

Very Happy so far with the Pioneer Elite

Let you know more when it's done.

Kind regards,

Last edited:
So why 2 sets of Polk front speakers side by side? Are they both used? I know my older Elite receiver allowed me to do front width and height speakers, but that is no longer an option since Atmos took over.

A comparison,

Old Pioneer Elite (2008 model ) on top and new Pioneer Elite (2018 model) on the bottom

The old one goes to my wife gaming room, She's happy!!!

Ha, Ha, Ha....

Rqul6ic.jpg

6AsNshd.jpg

Regards,
Don't be so generous. Use the old one to power your front channels.

So why 2 sets of Polk front speakers side by side? Are they both used? I know my older Elite receiver allowed me to do front width and height speakers, but that is no longer an option since Atmos took over.

Yes, because i like to be hammer on the chest. Ha, Ha, Ha....

The Crown XLS1502 would be taking care of my Polk Audio RTi12 (50 - 500 Watts @ 8 ohms) from now on.

Regards,

Last edited:
Jon,

Here's my new Pioneer Elite toy as part of my rack. Tomorrow will arrive my new 4 speakers (front high and ceiling) for Dolby Atmos and DTS: X so the set up would be complete this coming weekend.

Very Happy so far with the Pioneer Elite

Let you know more when it's done.

Kind regards,

WOW! Very nice. Looks sweet, and I bet it sounds that way as well. :SG

I've used a variety of amps to power subwoofers over the years, but nothing beats the Crown amp design. I tried a few other brands a few years back and wasn't happy until I was back in a Crown.

Okay - Back to the x2600h - Does this have an analog multi-channel input? That "feature" is getting hard to find!

Back