Denon AVR's - Dolby Atmos: are all my speakers being enabled?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alansanchez86

701 Club - QQ All-Star
Hi.
Last night a friend came over and while playing some Dolby Atmos blu rays he noticed something that I hadn't.
This is what the display shows, and we both wondered if an speaker on the upper right was missing (heights?)
Or all height speakers are grouped into just H?
My setup is a 7.1.4. (fronts, center, rears, backs, 4 heighs and 1 SW). The AVR is a Denon 4500H and since the AMP only runs til 9.2 channels I'm bypassing or adding a stereo amp to run the fronts.
Is this enough info for you to diagnose? or know if there's a speaker not being enabled?
IMG_20210604_120445_edit_10829128103554.jpg

I have the exact same AVR as you do (X4500H) with the same speaker configuration, except with 2 subs. Yes, mine shows the exact same thing as yours (plus 'SW2' over the top of 'SW' in your pic). I never really paid much attention to what the front display says, but if you push the 'Info' button on the remote while playing back an Atmos track, or with Dolby Surround Upmix going on, you should see a similar layout on screen, but it shows all of the specific ceiling speakers lit up in blue: 'TFL' (top front left), 'TFR' (top front right), 'TRL' (top rear left), 'TRR' (top rear right).

Hope that helps. I just got my new 7.2.4. setup going a few weeks ago and I love it!

I have the exact same AVR as you do (X4500H) with the same speaker configuration, except with 2 subs. Yes, mine shows the exact same thing as yours (plus 'SW2' over the top of 'SW' in your pic). I never really paid much attention to what the front display says, but if you push the 'Info' button on the remote while playing back an Atmos track, or with Dolby Surround Upmix going on, you should see a similar layout on screen, but it shows all of the specific ceiling speakers lit up in blue: 'TFL' (top front left), 'TFR' (top front right), 'TRL' (top rear left), 'TRR' (top rear right).

Hope that helps. I just got my new 7.2.4. setup going a few weeks ago and I love it!

Good call, on the remote button, I didnt think of that.
It's a killer setup!

Back