Denon releases new receiver line! 4 New 'X' receivers (June 2020)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
https://www.forbes.com/sites/marksp...he-next--home-cinema-revolution/#3329d06110c2
It looks like they are fairly reasonably priced. I would imagine that the market for receivers ain't what it used to be but even the unit that lists under $1K looks pretty nice (AVR-X2700H), and the one just over that looks very tempting (AVR-X3700H). The higher up models are the $1700 AVR-X4700H and the top of the line model, the AVR-X6700H coming in at $2500!

Might be time to finally get into this new fangled Atmos stuff! :)

PS - 8K? What's up with that? At my age, I can barely see 4x3 old style TV! :geek:

From the Forbes article:

"This means that the X-Series AVRs can stream music wirelessly across any compatible HEOS components from a variety of free and premium streaming services, such as Spotify, Napster, Amazon Music HD, TuneIn, Deezer, SoundCloud, TIDAL, and more."

I wonder if that means if you stream Amazon Music HD Atmos you will get the real thing?

Those are very reasonable prices, as long as the quality remains solid. I'll be in the market for a new one at some point, so I'll need to really study these and wait for some reviews to come in. I wonder if Marantz is very far off with a new line also?
As to the Atmos stuff, some here say the AVR apps through HEOS/Tidal are inferior to something like an Apple 4KTV box. I'll be interested if they have any analog ins also just for GP.

Ugh, no analogs Ins (one way to reduce cost!); what do you think, can I do without the analogs???

X6700_Image_Gallery5.jpg

From the Forbes article:

"This means that the X-Series AVRs can stream music wirelessly across any compatible HEOS components from a variety of free and premium streaming services, such as Spotify, Napster, Amazon Music HD, TuneIn, Deezer, SoundCloud, TIDAL, and more."

I wonder if that means if you stream Amazon Music HD Atmos you will get the real thing?
Somehow, I Have little faith we'll be able to stream true ATmos.......direct from an AVR that is. But who the F knows? They never come clean with good detail on the specs.

Somehow, I Have little faith we'll be able to stream true ATmos.......direct from an AVR that is

I think Atmos streaming will be supported on these new AVRs. Surely that’s in the ‘Requirements Spec’? Dolby will be working hard to get Atmos streaming everywhere.

The only one with 7.1 analogue inputs is the AVR-X8500H, it won't be long before there are no new AV Amps with multichannel analogue inputs.

Maybe a smart tech company will produce a 7.1 analog in to HDMI interface box. There’d be a big market here on QQ for one. @chucky3042

From what I understand, if it involves ;) getting licensing for the HDMI part, then it would probably need to be uber expensive to cover the costs.

HDMI licensing is expensive:

1. A commitment to buy from QQers might help fund this device (edit: And/or Crowd Funded)
2. Once Involve Audio have an HDMI license HDMI could be added to the next Surround Master too (assuming it’s a company license, not a per product license).

Maybe there could be two Analog to HDMI boxes:

Basic: 5.1 in to HDMI out
Pro: Multiple 5.1 ins (with switcher) to HDMI out

Quadies rejoice!

Back