Depeche Mode Delta Machine album 5.1 mix on live DVD & Blu-Ray Deluxe Set

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My copy arrived today and I didn't see a poll yet, but my initial thoughts on the blu-ray are:
1. Nice mix as with all the DM releases
2. rather loud...my sub was definitely scared into waking up a few times ;)
3. Not my favorite album by DM, but the blu-ray 5.1 makes a difference, in a positive way

On the package overall, nicely done and quite a bargain at the $30.00 (more or less) price!!

My copy arrived today and am in the progress of listening to Delta Machine 5.1.

First impressions are that it is a very bass heavy mix (not a bad thing) and, as Gabel says above, the sub gets a hefty workout. It doesn't appear to be a very aggressively discrete mix. Quite subtle in its placement of instruments and vocals, but I have to say I am enjoying the album a lot more in 5.1 than in 2.0, and I really liked it before (hardcore DM fan here).

Nice to see that Ben Hillier did the 5.1 mix (along with Ian Duncan), Hillier being responsible for the album's original production.

The Blu Ray auto plays with a simple menu interface featuring the album tracks down the left, album art and track info in the middle and audio options to the right. An album cover screen saver kicks in after 20 seconds or so.

Audio is 96/24 2.0 LPCM and 96/24 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.

Can we get a poll for this? Not sure whether it should live in Blu Ray Audio or DVD Video?

Yes, this set is a bargain at $30.00. My copy arrived on Tuesday and I will listen to it over the weekend. I feel this is the best Depeche Mode album since "Songs of Faith and Devotion"...for the most part on the slow side but still really good. Though, I never did hear "Sounds of the Universe" in it's entirety. Only a few song samples and I was not impressed.

I am only a casual DM fan, so take my comments in that context. I still consider the overall price a bargain for the amount of content despite finding the Delta Machine album a bit lackluster after listening to it twice. While this may be an album that grows on me, it isn't there yet. Now, I do think the album picks up energy as it goes on. I thought the mix could have been more adventurous given the source material although the rears are certainly engaged with discrete content.

Oh, the Blu-Ray interface looks to be the same as utilized on the various Tom Petty efforts. Functional and with a screensaver album icon.....

Just listened to the 5.1 mix only. The two things that stand out for me that I'm not too happy about is, 1) The screensaver moves around waaaaay too fast (no way to turn it off other than shutting the display down) and 2) the track and timing is MIA on both my player's front panel display and player->tv display.

About the mix. It's pretty good but since it's electronic music, I wish it was more adventurous. Also, some sounds seem to be weak in the right surround channel. To me, the mix is pretty even. I use a crossover at 35 Hz with my subwoofer and felt the low end blended fairly well. I'll have to play the two-channel mix to compare with where the bass is but it seems tame compared to the 24/96 version I have.

Where's the Poll for "Delta Machine" smiley_confused.gif I'll either vote 8 or a 9 on this one.

Just bought this at a Birmingham, AL store called Coconuts that was open from 6pm-12am tonight for Black Friday Eve.

Probably won't be able to listen to it for a few days, but it's a nice set for $30. (2DVDs, 2CDs, 1 Blu-Ray Audio) :)

Hi,
can someone publish a scan of the bluray cover of the DMDM 5.1 bluray (front and back) here?
It would be very welcome. Many thanks!
CU, Tom

EDIT: Ups that was my 1st post here.

Well, what can I say, other than that after listening to the entire surround mix, this is really a big disappointmentā€¦

A very timid surround mix a lot of the time with material that I just don't find to be that engagingā€¦

When a poll is posted, this one will be lucky to get at most a '7'...

Well, what can I say, other than that after listening to the entire surround mix, this is really a big disappointmentā€¦

A very timid surround mix a lot of the time with material that I just don't find to be that engagingā€¦

Nice new avatar RT!

Bummer...

Just bought it with 5.1 Blu Ray edition. Track counter does not work on Blu Ray.. If anybody has dot the same issue?

Yes, same experience for me, no time counter.. no pause button either.. doesn't conform to any PA-BD standard I know of, I don't know what happened there.. still, it sounds pretty good, the music itself has its high spots and not a bad surround mix, unadventurous as it is and it is mastered a bit "loud" for my tastes. Is there a QQ Poll for this?

Good day mates

One of many surround`s i am considering is Depeche Mode-Delta machine

i have the stereo,and i find it quite brilliant.The bass is esp. heavenly IMHO

Does anyone who owns it care to give a wee review on that disc?

Cheers

My copy arrived today and am in the progress of listening to Delta Machine 5.1.

First impressions are that it is a very bass heavy mix (not a bad thing) and, as Gabel says above, the sub gets a hefty workout. It doesn't appear to be a very aggressively discrete mix. Quite subtle in its placement of instruments and vocals, but I have to say I am enjoying the album a lot more in 5.1 than in 2.0, and I really liked it before (hardcore DM fan here).

Nice to see that Ben Hillier did the 5.1 mix (along with Ian Duncan), Hillier being responsible for the album's original production.

The Blu Ray auto plays with a simple menu interface featuring the album tracks down the left, album art and track info in the middle and audio options to the right. An album cover screen saver kicks in after 20 seconds or so.

Audio is 96/24 2.0 LPCM and 96/24 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.

Can we get a poll for this? Not sure whether it should live in Blu Ray Audio or DVD Video?
All these years later and just posted a request for a review of this a few minutes ago,then i find this

Yes a poll would be cool

Cheers

I think the fidelity and songs are great.
IMO - Unfortunately it's kind of conservative front heavy mix. Too bad they didn't mix it like Ultra.
That's the last multichannel we've got from DM.
No M/C mix for "Spirit"

Good day mates

One of many surround`s i am considering is Depeche Mode-Delta machine

i have the stereo,and i find it quite brilliant.The bass is esp. heavenly IMHO

Does anyone who owns it care to give a wee review on that disc?

Cheers

From the following thread:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...d-blu-ray-deluxe-set.19661/page-2#post-488120
I think the fidelity and songs are great.
IMO - Unfortunately it's kind of conservative front heavy mix. Too bad they didn't mix it like Ultra.
That's the last multichannel we've got from DM.
No M/C mix for "Spirit"

Back