HiRez Poll Depeche Mode - SONGS OF FAITH AND DEVOTION [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Depeche Mode - SONGS OF FAITH AND DEVOTION

• Total voters
Wow...wish I had read some of these reviews before plunking down $40 for this.
Based on “Music for the Masses”, “Violator” and “Ultra”, I figured this would be a slam dunk.
This seems to be one of the rare instances where a 5.1 mix actually manages to SUBTRACT from the original listening experience.
It may be the only high res disc I own where the PCM Stereo mix TOWERS above the surround mixes...but hey, I’m grateful for that because it adds a lot to the CD version 😎

I got this only yesterday. ( only 15 years behind the cutting edge !)
I had previously just played "Construction time again " and the audio was superb on that that, so I was surprised to hear the audio on SOFAD was extremely muddy. This obviously takes away the enjoyment of the album.
I'll vote when I have had a few more listens.
Disappointed.

I got this only yesterday. ( only 15 years behind the cutting edge !)
I had previously just played "Construction time again " and the audio was superb on that that, so I was surprised to hear the audio on SOFAD was extremely muddy. This obviously takes away the enjoyment of the album.
I'll vote when I have had a few more listens.
Disappointed.

Yup. Probably the worst sounding one in the re-issue catalog.
A shame because it is such a great album 😢
I took some solace in that the stereo version on the DVD sounded massively improved to my ears vs my (ancient) CD
👂😑👂

Last edited:
Back