Devin Townsend 5.1 Blu-ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

von kulper

500 Club - QQ All-Star
So I've been out of the surround sound loop for some time now, but this brought me back in...

Looks like Devin Townsend is finally going to be making his first foray into 5.1 territory! DT just sent out this vague tweet: "Blu-ray, 5.1" https://twitter.com/dvntownsend

And then I ran across this Facebook post from DT's drummer:

DTP Live at Plovdiv Blu-ray underway...

"So guys, the DTP Live at Plovdiv Blu-Ray is being worked on as we speak. Dev has the tracks and is starting to play around with his 5.1 mix. It's going to be awesome!! There were so many highlights from that show and I can't wait to see it on Blu-Ray. Will keep you posted with all updates on the Blu-Ray as they happen. For now, here's some fan footage of the song 'Truth' from that show ? Enjoy!"

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1759228400762769&id=124471080905184

:banana::banana:

I had spoken with DT a little over a year ago at his show in Boise, and I specifically asked him about 5.1, which he was extremely interested in, and was hoping to offer all of his future releases in a surround format.

I had spoken with DT a little over a year ago at his show in Boise, and I specifically asked him about 5.1, which he was extremely interested in, and was hoping to offer all of his future releases in a surround format.

A bluray is exciting, but the above quote is even more exciting!

I'd also love it if he gave some older DT releases the surround treatment. Ki and Terria are two of my favorites that immediately come to mind.

I'd also love it if he gave some older DT releases the surround treatment. Ki and Terria are two of my favorites that immediately come to mind.

Definitely. The two Ziltoid space-rock operas would also be a lot of fun in surround.

empath.jpg

Pre-order now available:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/devi...19727964898&mf_story_key=-8689365475595003142

‘Ocean Machine – Live at the Ancient Roman Theatre Plovdiv’

DEVIN TOWNSEND·FRIDAY, APRIL 27, 2018

Pre-order now here: https://DevinTownsendProject.lnk.to/OceanMachineLive
On the 22nd September 2017, Devin Townsend Project played a special show at the Ancient Roman Theatre in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, celebrating the 20th anniversary of the landmark Ocean Machine album in full, as well as a set of fan-requested tracks alongside the Orchestra of Plovdiv State Opera. This concert was filmed, and on 6th July 2018 it will see the light of day as ‘Ocean Machine – Live at the Ancient Roman Theatre Plovdiv’.
Devin comments: “Plovdiv and this live package represents a lot to me, it signifies the end of one era, and the celebration of another. Amidst a gruelling touring year, this show came together with much blood, sweat, and tears, and the result is the culmination of many aspects of my work on one stage.
Ocean machine was released 20 years ago, and though Marty (drums) is no longer with us, I was able to finally perform the album in its entirety with the original bassist John ‘Squid’ Harder on this night. On a cold evening in an old city in the ancient theatre, many lifelong milestones came to a conclusion on this night and I’m exceptionally proud of it.
I am currently writing, writing, and writing some more for the next stage of my life and work, and the team of individuals who contributed to this project, from the musicians in the band and orchestra, to the crews locally and with this, management, artists, filmographers and most importantly, the audience... made this night a powerful and strangely bittersweet moment I am proud to have documented with this work.
This is a very special live recording of a very special night, and I hope you enjoy it as a monument to the things that inspired it all in the first place.
Love and light,Devin Townsend”
‘Ocean Machine – Live at the Ancient Roman Theatre Plovdiv’ will be available as a limited deluxe 3CD/2DVD/Blu-Ray artbook (with liner notes from Devin and a special documentary dubbed ‘Reflecting The Chaos’ on the second DVD & Blu-Ray), Special Edition 3CD/DVD Digipak, standalone Blu-Ray and as digital audio download.
Pre-order now here: https://DevinTownsendProject.lnk.to/OceanMachineLive
The full track-listing is as follows:
By Request with Orchestra
  1. Truth
  2. Stormbending
  3. Om
  4. Failure
  5. By Your Command
  6. Gaia
  7. Deadhead
  8. Canada
  9. Bad Devil
  10. Higher
  11. A Simple Lullaby
  12. Deep Peace
Ocean Machine
  1. Seventh Wave
  2. Life
  3. Night
  4. Hide Nowhere
  5. Sister
  6. 3 A.M.
  7. Voices in the Fan
  8. Greetings
  9. Regulator
  10. Funeral
  11. Bastard
  12. The Death of Music
  13. Things Beyond Things

KI si sooooo awesome!!! and Accelerated Evolution too

KI si sooooo awesome!!! and Accelerated Evolution too

Hell yeah. Those are some good ones. I've been an avid fan for at least as long as I've been listening to SW and Porcupine Tree - almost 15 years now. Having DT join the surround ranks is a dream come true for me!

I am trying to keep my expectations in check on this; I really have no idea what kind of surround experience we're going to end up with. But, from my conversation with him and from the few online comments he's made during the mixing process, it seems that he "gets" the whole surround thing. He's also developed a reputation for the incredible production of his albums (though some say overproduced... some... not me :) ) - all very densely layered, with swaths of reverb. Frankly, his music is perfect for the surround medium. I do expect he would put the same attention into the surround mix as he does into the production process itself. I also expect there may be be a sort of "learning period," ala Bruce Soord's earliest mixes...

He's also quite prolific; maybe not on par with SW, but he releases quite a bit of music. I'm hoping this release is a hit and that he develops a loyal following here on the quad, and that he continues to pump out the surrounds out regularly. :)

Don't know what's going on with Amazon, but for US distributors it can be found at Bullmoose and Insideout's official US handler, LaserCD

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/27326407/devin-project-townsend-ocean-machine-live-at-the-anc

https://www.lasercd.com/dvd/ocean-machine-–-live-ancient-roman-theatre-plovdiv-blu-ray-preorder

$18.00 through LaserCD. Not a bad price. I'd imagine Amazon will eventually get it.
Awesome, thanks. Never ordered from laserCD.....but my shipped price is $20.90....much cheaper than the Moose.

Just got an e-mail from Music Glue, so its arriving soon!

We thought you'd like to know the following item(s) have been dispatched:
  • 1 x Devin Townsend - DTP - 'Ocean Machine - Live at the Ancient Roman Theatre Plovdiv' Limited Edition Deluxe 3CD & 2DVD & Blu-ray Artbook

• 1 x Devin Townsend - DTP - 'Ocean Machine - Live at the Ancient Roman Theatre Plovdiv' Limited Edition Deluxe 3CD & 2DVD & Blu-ray Artbook

I am GIDDY with excitement for this. :QQlove

On another note, here's an interesting interview with DT about his upcoming studio album:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/new...ated_super-progressive_chaotic_beautiful.html

No mention of 5.1 in the interview, but he has alluded to it being in 5.1, prior. And sounds like the new album is going to be rather audacious.

Mine arrived this morning, book has the 6 discs on buttons (all stayed on during transport). I'm not sure when I'll get round to listening to it, I seem to have generated a pile (8x 4.0/5.1 albums/boxsets, 3x 5.1 Live/sets + 12x CD albums) a nice problem to have really!

I also got email saying mine shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine arrived this morning, book has the 6 discs on buttons (all stayed on during transport). I'm not sure when I'll get round to listening to it, I seem to have generated a pile (8x 4.0/5.1 albums/boxsets, 3x 5.1 Live/sets + 12x CD albums) a nice problem to have really!

There's certainly worse things!

I went out to grab the mail this morning, saw a dvd-sized mailer package in the mailbox - "Holy shit! It's already here!! This weekend is going to ROC..." Oh... nope, just my Dollar Shave Club :(:LOL:

Back