Devin Townsend - Lightwork (Blu-ray) 10/22/22

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madship

800 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Last edited:
Ugh, I'm on a roll. Just ordered from Amazon. Good Lord, the money I've dished out just today.
I feel your pain. I just had to take advantage of a time-payment plan on my credit card. And Christmas is coming!

Reactions: GOS
Fantastic album, Devin never disappoints! Bluray in 5.1 is…nice. Nothing extraordinary but a nice surround album (maybe a bit tamed on some tracks). Still the quality of the music is top notch as always…
METAL!! 🤟🏼🤟🏼🤟🏼🤟🏼🤟🏼

In the Lightwork Streaming Event held on 5th Nov, Devin's in his new (one-month old) studio. All of it is worth watching but he specifically talks about surround at the 30 min mark. He presents as if aware his surround remixes to date are not as good as he'd like, however, he is in the process of fitting his new studio out with atmos speakers - well, when he can afford it - and has plans to go back through his catalogue and remix his albums to atmos. I haven't heard Lightwork in 5.1 yet, but it sounds as if he expects his remixes will only get even better.

Back