• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

DGM finally announces 50th anniversary surround deluxe set of IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

5.1 4 Life

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter

mattB2

400 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
It's a really nice set and it's good to see all the music replicated on the Blu-ray. It sits well alongside my 30th and 40th Anniversary editions (although I do wish there were some sort of standardisation in the size of these type of packages).

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova

privateuniverse

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Just got this e-mail from the Moose:

KING CRIMSON/IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING (50TH ANNIVERSARY@1 BLU-RAY/3 CD (633367791429)
Has been delayed until Nov 08, 2019. It was previously scheduled for Nov 01, 2019. We’re very sorry about this!

🤬 :cry:

Simon M

It's a really nice set and it's good to see all the music replicated on the Blu-ray. It sits well alongside my 30th and 40th Anniversary editions (although I do wish there were some sort of standardisation in the size of these type of packages).
Is the 5.1 mix any better or particularly different to the 40th anniversary edition???

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Just got this e-mail from the Moose:

KING CRIMSON/IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING (50TH ANNIVERSARY@1 BLU-RAY/3 CD (633367791429)
Has been delayed until Nov 08, 2019. It was previously scheduled for Nov 01, 2019. We’re very sorry about this!

[emoji2959] :cry:
Yep, me too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

svengaleekie

701 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
2009 5.1 MLP 48k/24bit DVDA back to back versus 2019 5.1 MLP 96k/24bit Blu-ray.

Straight off I'll say that I prefer the new 2019 mix to the old, it's smoother, less harsh, more solid and the sub is more active than the 2009, there is definitely more panning with the instruments spread around more widely.
Of course the on screen picture is better with less clunky controls. I did notice that the Blu-ray is slightly quieter than the DVD but that may be a symptom of my system, I was playing the Blu-ray in my Oppo and the DVD in the Sony, probably should have been the other way round but ho hum, maybe another time I'll do that test.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Poll thread now up for the 2019 50th Anniversary 5.1 mix:

Please keep that thread dedicated to the discussion of the new 5.1 mix and not the old 5.1 mix

:)

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter

Please keep that thread dedicated to the discussion of the new 5.1 mix and not the old 5.1 mix

Awesome, thanks Ryan...

5.1 4 Life

That's great; I hope to have my copy next week and will share my thoughts on the poll.

sxshome

"The multi-channel master also includes the extended duo version of ‘I Talk to the Wind’ in 5.1. " in item description of Burning Shed.
I could not find it in 5.1 mix, anyone find it?

halbroome

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Mine arrived a few days ago and only last night did I have a chance to listen.

Love the menu! The double-fold packing inside the box was cool. Haven't heard the original multi in a while, but I could tell this was certainly a different mix -- more panning, for one, and Lake's bass was definitely more pronounced. Will delve in deeper this weekend and vote in the poll.