DGM finally announces 50th anniversary surround deluxe set of IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not the first time Wilson has revisited his own mixes/remixes, but it is certainly the most significant revisit to date. I was already planning on buying this box even though I have the first box, but now it's that much more essential a purchase.

Well it looks I'll be buying ITCOTCK again when they release the box set for the album later this year.

Hehe, Steven sounds like a business man, I for one believe that he set the bar high in the very beginning (both his Caravan-mix and early KC mixes are still stellar).

I rarely go for the big ass mega boxes, but I might just do that here - it’s not only a great debut, it’s as Pete Townsend said, ”an uncanny masterpiece”. It’s pretty much unbeatable. That is why I might seek out the big ass mega edition.

Last edited:
I love his first mix and cannot imagine it being any better. But I love to be surprised!
I cannot help but thinking that the new remix is just a reason to force us to buy again the big box...

I wonder how many times I've bought this album? :unsure: LP (twice), CD, reM CD, somewhere on a HDCD, the 40th Box Set. Its an album I must have first heard in 1970 when I borrowed a schoolfriends LP, and went WOW, and still do so! Its just such an incredible album.
..............................….and you know what? o_O I'll be buying this new 50th Box Set as well :D:LB:51QQ

It says the Heaven and Earth box set is due in May. I would think that means we'll have a track list soon. :unsure:

"Multi-disc CD/ DVD-a/Blu-Ray set covering the period from the late 1990s – 2008 – completing the availability of all King Crimson studio albums in 5.1 multi-channel audio."

blobid1547370684084.jpg

I love his first mix and cannot imagine it being any better. But I love to be surprised!
I cannot help but thinking that the new remix is just a reason to force us to buy again the big box...

Ya know...I can understand that thinking...it's being done all the time by record companies and artists......but I seriously doubt SW would do it for that reason...he's the one big exception to the rule...maybe I'm naive about him...but I see someone that is a perfectionist and one that isn't driven by money as a primary motivation

SW did the 5.1 of ITCOTCK at the beginning of his career in multichannel mixing after trialing with his own work. He’s gone a long way since then so I look forward to comparing both mixes. It will no doubt be impressive. Thumbs up from my side

Ya know...I can understand that thinking...it's being done all the time by record companies and artists......but I seriously doubt SW would do it for that reason...he's the one big exception to the rule...maybe I'm naive about him...but I see someone that is a perfectionist and one that isn't driven by money as a primary motivation

I 100% agree! I think SW is a gem, super talented and loves his craft. If he says it will be better, I believe him....

From Steven Wilson's Instagram:

Mr Fripp gives the thumbs up at my studio today to the 50th anniversary stereo and 5.1 surround remix of what is without doubt one of THE canonical rock albums, In the Court of the Crimson King. We first remixed the album for the 40th anniversary, but at the time it was one of my first classic album projects, so while I think that mix is pretty good, I was happy to have the chance to revisit it with the benefit of 10 years of experience. I think the new mix is a significant improvement and more faithful to the original 1969 mix (and for the audiophiles; this time at 96/24 resolution). Coming as part of a big box set later this year.

53229901_418358045639553_9206447117182599309_n.jpg
Can’t wait for this to come out!!!

I'm shocked as well. I honestly thought the first attempt was the best that could be done with the material.
I thought his first attempt at this was one of SW’s worst pieces of work.....was definitely very disappointed☹️ Anyone interested in buying mine? It’s in MINT condition....played only once....if interested in trade or purchase IM me

I thought his first attempt at this was one of SW’s worst pieces of work.....was definitely very disappointed[emoji3525] Anyone interested in buying mine? It’s in MINT condition....played only once....if interested in trade or purchase IM me

Gonna be hard to sell that with new one coming out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back