DGM finally announces 50th anniversary surround deluxe set of IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a really nice set and it's good to see all the music replicated on the Blu-ray. It sits well alongside my 30th and 40th Anniversary editions (although I do wish there were some sort of standardisation in the size of these type of packages).

It's a really nice set and it's good to see all the music replicated on the Blu-ray. It sits well alongside my 30th and 40th Anniversary editions (although I do wish there were some sort of standardisation in the size of these type of packages).

Is the 5.1 mix any better or particularly different to the 40th anniversary edition???

Just got this e-mail from the Moose:

KING CRIMSON/IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING (50TH ANNIVERSARY@1 BLU-RAY/3 CD (633367791429)
Has been delayed until Nov 08, 2019. It was previously scheduled for Nov 01, 2019. We’re very sorry about this!

[emoji2959] :cry:

Yep, me too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2009 5.1 MLP 48k/24bit DVDA back to back versus 2019 5.1 MLP 96k/24bit Blu-ray.

Straight off I'll say that I prefer the new 2019 mix to the old, it's smoother, less harsh, more solid and the sub is more active than the 2009, there is definitely more panning with the instruments spread around more widely.
Of course the on screen picture is better with less clunky controls. I did notice that the Blu-ray is slightly quieter than the DVD but that may be a symptom of my system, I was playing the Blu-ray in my Oppo and the DVD in the Sony, probably should have been the other way round but ho hum, maybe another time I'll do that test.

"The multi-channel master also includes the extended duo version of ‘I Talk to the Wind’ in 5.1. " in item description of Burning Shed.
I could not find it in 5.1 mix, anyone find it?

Mine arrived a few days ago and only last night did I have a chance to listen.

Love the menu! The double-fold packing inside the box was cool. Haven't heard the original multi in a while, but I could tell this was certainly a different mix -- more panning, for one, and Lake's bass was definitely more pronounced. Will delve in deeper this weekend and vote in the poll.

Back