DGM finally announces 50th anniversary surround deluxe set of IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The complete audio history of one of the most important debut albums of all time presented across 26 discs (20CD/4Blu-Ray/1DVD/1DVD-A).

Featuring a 2020 Dolby Atmos mix by Steven Wilson, David Singleton stereo mixes of session material (on Blu-Ray, DVD and across 6CDs), and a further disc of newly compiled studio material, the box also includes the original In The Court studio album, every alternate take known to exist, every mix known to exist, all live recordings from this incarnation of the band known to exist and a selection of pre-King Crimson 1968 recordings from Giles, Giles & Fripp.

This eighth King Crimson boxed set, as with the previous boxed seven sets in the series, is packaged in a vinyl sized box containing a booklet featuring previously unseen photos from the recordings sessions, an intro by Robert Fripp, sleeve-notes by King Crimson biographer Sid Smith, notes about the tapes from David Singleton, additional memorabilia and an additional protective outer sleeve.

Contents

• Ultimate Boxed Set Edition of one of rock music’s seminal debut albums.
• Blu-Ray features 2020 Dolby Atmos mix by Steven Wilson.
• Complete, fully mixed stereo recording sessions feature on Blu-Ray, DVD and across 6 CDs.
• Blu-Rays also feature the original master edition of the 1969 album mix in 24/96 stereo, the 2019 stereo and 5.1 mixes, the 2009 stereo and 5.1 mixes a complete alternate album comprising 2019 mixes &more.
• "Let's Make a Hit Waxing" - single CD 'in the studio with the band' mixed and compiled by David Singleton - also features in 24/96 hi-res on Blu-Ray.
• 13 further CDs present all known live recordings of the band, BBC sessions, a pre-King Crimson CD compilation of Giles, Giles & Fripp and all studio recordings, alt versions etc of the main album.
• Presented in an album sized box with outer slipcase, containing booklet including previously unseen photos from the recording session, an intro by Robert Fripp, sleeve-notes by King Crimson biographer Sid Smith, notes about the tapes by David Singleton, and memorabilia.

I emailed Burning Shed about the £66 postage cost to Australia and their reply:

"Unfortunately this item is too heavy to go by standard post which means it has to go by courier who sadly do charge this amount for shipments."

Can anyone from the USA confirm that's what Burning Shed are charging them? I'm wondering if it's specifically a UK to Oz issue with the courier. Thanks.

"Unfortunately this item is too heavy to go by standard post which means it has to go by courier who sadly do charge this amount for shipments."

Can anyone from the USA confirm that's what Burning Shed are charging them? I'm wondering if it's specifically a UK to Oz issue with the courier. Thanks.
I'm a bit bored today so I had a play! To ship mine 270 miles in the UK from Norwich to me costs £8.82, so £0.033 per mile. Its roughly 10000 miles to NSW in Australia from Norwich so :eek: £330 at the same rate. £66 is a lot though, will anybody stock it in Australia?

66 pounds? I think it was 52 for me, UK to Melbourne. Still too much, but didn't really have another choice, and I wanted this box set so badly. I have all of them but the first...

I tried putting it in my cart. Shipping to the USA came to £34.96.

£66 is a lot though, will anybody stock it in Australia?
There are a couple of places in Sydney that have stock of this sort of things. In Melbourne, there are a few places which are happy to order it for you. Some of the guys running the stores are huge KC fans. But overall, the price would be higher. But having said that, when Beat and Three of a Perfect Pair came out, I was able to get them one week before release through a local store! But they asked me AU$50 each. It was quite a lot higher than Burningshed.

After checking shipping cost to Spain at BurningShed (22 pounds) and SDE (40 pounds), I will wait for Amazon to show the ordering links.
I hate to buy from them, but I guess price will be same and shipping around 7 pounds maximum.
I'd really like BS to find alternate mail/courier providers, as their shipping costs are too much for me

Just heard about the latest King Crimson box set for In The Court Of The Crimson King. I'm going to pass on this collection, however, how many of us on the forum would like to see the other albums in the KC catalog get the Dolby Atmos treatment on Blu-Ray (hopefully released as 'standalones')?

Scanning the track list looking for talk of the Fillmore West multitrack finally getting discovered...

Nope.

I have literally everything here but the new Atmos mix too. Looks to be a value package for anyone who is just discovering this era of KC for the first time. Not sure who that might be anymore...
If they'd found those multitracks and mixed that in 5.1, this would have been an instant pre-order.

I still haven't managed to demo Atmos for myself. I'm genuinely interested in what Steve Wilson will do and I might just pick up a standalone bluray release. Honestly, the garbage I've seen so far makes me think the format is doomed. And what's with all the downmixes to 5.1 or 7.1? That's... not a discrete Atmos mix anymore is it! Then we get into the proprietary business gone wild right out of the gate with hard to find codecs and stuff where it appears some of this is locked into select hardware devices only. And bla bla bla bla. If nothing else, something coming out of the King Crimson/Steve Wilson camp is going to use standard formats and be accessible in full quality to standard media player apps. I might just be looking forward to this release more for that than anything else!

Damn. I just bought the 3CD/1BD 2019 version too. As much as this release looks awesome, I just can't spend that kind of money on something I don't have yet. (Atmos) Maybe down the road this will get a standalone release. (doubt it, but i can dream)

After checking shipping cost to Spain at BurningShed (22 pounds) and SDE (40 pounds), I will wait for Amazon to show the ordering links.
I hate to buy from them, but I guess price will be same and shipping around 7 pounds maximum.
I'd really like BS to find alternate mail/courier providers, as their shipping costs are too much for me
Unfortunately they are all about the same in the UK as the weight & size goes up. It cost £8.48 to ship via Royal Mail the Mary Fahl to Spain with tracking, so in context £22 for a box set that size isn't that bad, still a lot though! Postage prices have gone up all over the world no doubt due to a fall in volume. Amazon with its economy of scale seems to be taking over.

Back