DGM finally announces 50th anniversary surround deluxe set of IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He (still) considers the Exposure album to be good, but the trilogy idea doesn't work right. Peter Gabriel does a magnificent job on "Here comes the Flood" (I think that it was never meant to be Hall's vocals. And Peter Hamill sounds great on "Chicago" as well. The original mix never sounded right and so there was a 1983/84 remix (Re-Kindled) album that was cool. Then the original mix came out (again later) with the Hall material added, and with better mastering, it turns out that the original mix was quite strong to begin with, but needed the right mastering to open it up a bit.

X100%

From the Gatefold LP jacket , awesome album

exposure.jpg

Man I’ve been trying my hardest not to order the Atmos set. I’m really hoping the price drops some. All I really want from it is the Atmos mix. Having the 40th and 50th releases already in 5.1 I’d want to hear the Atmos or at least read some reviews before dropping this kind of coin on it.

Strangely, Amazon Germany still keeping October 30th release date. Fingers crossed they will keep it, although unlikely it is

Here's a review of KC's The Complete 1969 Recordings from the All About Jazz site.

There will, inevitably, exist some cynics who will dispute the first comment about King Crimson's long-awaited The Complete 1969 Recordings box set, but it's difficult to imagine it being anything but the plain truth. This is, indeed, the definitive final word on the band's first lineup, collecting multiple versions of its earth-shattering 1969 Island Records debut, In the Court of the Crimson King: An Observation by King Crimson (from this point on, attributed to its current label, Panegyric), alongside sonically upgraded live shows, studio sessions, BBC recordings, various mixes/remixes, alternate takes and more into a whopping twenty-CD, two-DVD and four-Blu Ray box set. It's what many fans have been waiting for since the band's 50th anniversary year in 2019 and, at long last, it's here in all its (relative) completist glory.

Read More Here.
https://www.allaboutjazz.com/the-complete-1969-recordings-king-crimson-panegyric-recordings

Back